- "Nothin' like a turret kill!"
- — Axton upon killing an enemy with the turret.
|Effect||Deploy a Turret that can automatically target and fire upon enemies.|
The Sabre Turret is the ability unique to the Commando Axton in Borderlands 2. It is both the name of the skill, and the turret deployed by the skill, an automated weapons platform that can distinguish friend from foe and dominate a small area of any battlefield.
The Sabre Turret's initial form is modest, but Axton's skills can change the turret's basic model to fill a variety of roles. It can be equipped with ammunition belts, rocket pods, a targeting laser, an extra gun (which fires Slag), a shield emitter, and mag-lock bases. Other skills (a "nuke" explosion when deployed, longbow technology (increased durability and deployed like a Longbow grenade instead of a Lobbed grenade), and the ability to deploy two turrets simultaneously) improve the turret's offensive and tactical use, but don't actually change the turret's appearance.
- The Sabre Turret is manufactured by Dahl.
- The Sabre Turret can be manually deactivated before its timer expires, which refunds some of the ability's cooldown in the process.
- The turret takes 3 seconds to deploy.
- The turret has a base duration of 20 seconds, which can be increased to 30 seconds with five points in the Sentry skill.
- Without any points in Sentry, the turret fires 8 shots per burst.
- The Sabre's base cooldown time is 42 seconds. This can be reduced to 33.6 seconds with five points in the Resourceful skill, and can be further reduced through class mods or relics.
- There is an effective cap of +100% on cooldown rate, making the minimum cooldown 21 seconds.