Safe and Sound is an optional mission in Borderlands 2, given by Marcus Kincaid and is available once the Vault Hunters reach Sanctuary during the mission Bright Lights, Flying City. Marcus needs someone to go back to where Sanctuary used to be to retrieve his safe, which was blown out of his store during the recent moonshot bombardment.
"Marcus has lost that which was most precious to him."
- Find Safe
- Kill Sanctuary squatters: 0/25 (optional)
- Retrieve safe
- Pick up lewd pictures: 0/3
- Bring pictures to Marcus
- Bring pictures to Moxxi
- "During the assault on Sanctuary, Marcus's personal safe was blown out of his store, landing somewhere outside the bounds of the city. He has asked you to go to Sanctuary Hole so you may return the contents of his safe to him."
The Vault Hunters must first head to Three Horns - Divide in order to enter Sanctuary Hole. After getting past the first group of squatters, while heading up the stairs, the Vault Hunters will see the safe fall down into the large hole at the center of the area. The Vault Hunters can take the elevators down, or simply jump down, to reach the entrance to Caustic Caverns.
After locating the safe in the Caustic Caverns, a giant crystalisk named Blue will appear. Blue differs from normal crystalisks in that he can generate juvenile exploding crystalisks that can pursue characters into places where he can't follow. He also has a ranged shock attack that can ravage an attacker's shields in short order. Blue does share the crystalisks' weakness of easily targeted critical hit spots on his legs however, and can be beaten with damage directed at these areas. Each time a crystal breaks, Blue will recoil for a short time, during which it will stop attacking. Rocket-launchers and bladed weapons will finish him off in no time. Blue can also be affected by the Siren's Phaselock ability despite its massiveness.
After the safe is opened, both Marcus and Moxxi send transmissions asking that the pictures found inside be returned to them. The pictures can be turned in to Marcus for the Lucrative Opportunity, or to Moxxi for a variant of Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker.
- "You handed over the lewd pictures of Moxxi and, in so doing, discovered that there is at least one thing -- or, to be anatomically accurate, two things -- that please Marcus more than turning a profit."
Turn In: Marcus or Moxxi
- Mission Item: Lewd Pictures - "A picture worth a thousand four-letter words."