|Voiced By||John Swasey|
Salvador is the Gunzerker-class character in Borderlands 2. His main skill, Gunzerking, allows him to dual wield any two weapons in the game for a limited time.
Aged 36, Salvador is a local, born and raised on the planet Pandora. He stands at a height of 5'4" (~163cm). This stunted growth is revealed to be due to heavy steroid use throughout his life.
Despite his love for excessive violence being aimed towards bandits and criminals, Salvador was nonetheless about to be executed by the people of his own hometown of Ovejas for his actions when a Hyperion strike team arrived to seize the town. After destroying the invading forces, Salvador becomes interested in the new Vault upon hearing of its dangers while "interrogating" the last survivor of the strike team and leaving him to crawl back to Hyperion on a single arm (as Salvador had ripped off his other arm and broken both his legs).
Salvador's Action Skill, "Gunzerking," allows the player to dual wield two guns (of any type) at the same time. His Rampage and Gun Lust trees heighten his dual wielding skills and amplify weapon stats, while the Brawn skill tree boosts the amount of damage Salvador can take and dish out.
Base cooldown for Gunzerking is 42 seconds, base duration is 20.
Focused on switching weapons, reloading, and gives Salvador various gun abilities.
|Locked and Loaded||1||5||Reloading your gun gives you +5% Fire Rate per level for a short time.|
|Quick Draw||1||5||+7% Weapon Swap Speed and +2% Critical Hit Damage per level.|
|I'm Your Huckleberry||2||5||+3% Damage and Reload Speed per level with pistols.|
|All I Need is One||2||5||Swapping weapons causes your next shot fired to deal +8% damage per level.|
|Divergent Likeness||3||5||+6% Damage when Gunzerking with two of the same type of guns, +6% Accuracy when Gunzerking with two different types of guns per level.|
|Money Shot||3||5||The last bullet fired from any gun does +8% damage per level per magazine size, up to +80% damage per level.|
|Auto-Load||3||1||Killing an enemy Instantly Reloads all of the guns that you have equipped that are not currently in your hands. Swapping guns after Auto-Load has reloaded a gun triggers Locked & Loaded.|
|Lay Waste||4||5||Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +8% Fire Rate and +5% Critical Hit Damage with Guns per level for a short time.|
|Down Not Out||4||1||You can Gunzerk while in Fight for Your Life.|
|Keep It Piping Hot||5||5||While Gunzerking is in the process of cooling down you gain +5% Gun Damage, +6% Melee Damage, and +5% Grenade Damage per level.|
|No Kill Like Overkill||6||1||When you kill an enemy you gain a bonus to Gun Damage equal to the amount of excess damage you dealt to the enemy you just killed.|
Focuses on extra ammunition and Gunzerking all or most of the time.
|Inconceivable||1||5||Up to 10% chance per level for shots not to consume ammo depending on how low your health and shields are.|
|Filled to the Brim||1||5||+5% Magazine Capacity and +3% Ammunition Capacity per level for all weapon types.|
|All in the Reflexes||2||5||+5% Reload Speed and +4% Melee Damage per level.|
|Last Longer||2||5||+3 seconds Gunzerking duration per level.|
|I'm Ready Already||3||5||+5% Gunzerking Cooldown Rate.|
|5 Shots or 6||3||5||Grants a 5% chance per level to add an extra round of ammunition when firing instead of expending ammunition.|
|Steady as She Goes||3||1||+80% Recoil Reduction and 30% chance to improve Accuracy on hit when Gunzerking.|
|Yippee Ki Yay||4||5||Increases the duration of Gunzerking by 0.6s per level every time an enemy is killed while Gunzerking.|
|Double Your Fun||4||1||Throwing a grenade while Gunzerking throws two grenades instead of one. The second grenade doesn't cost ammo.|
|Get Some||5||5||Shooting an enemy decreases Gunzerking cooldown by 0.6 second per level. Has a cooldown of 3 seconds.|
|Keep Firing...||6||1||While Gunzerking, you gain up to +88% Fire Rate and +25% Reload Speed depending on how long you hold down the trigger.|
Focused on physical toughness by soaking up damage due to massive health generation and also gives Salvador physical abilities.
|Hard to Kill||1||5||+4% Maximum Health and regenerate 0.1% of your Maximum Health per second per level.|
|Incite||1||5||Taking damage gives +6% Movement Speed and +5% Reload Speed for a few seconds.|
|Asbestos||2||5||-8% Negative Status Effect Duration per level.|
|I'm the Juggernaut||2||5||Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +4% Damage Reduction for a short time.|
|Ain't Got Time to Bleed||3||5||While Gunzerking you regenerate up to 0.8% of your Maximum Health per second per level depending on how low your health is.|
|Out of Bubblegum||3||5||+7% Fire Rate per level when shield is depleted.|
|Fistful of Hurt||3||1||Melee Override. Throw a heavy punch dealing massive damage and knockback. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds.|
|Bus That Can't Slow Down||4||5||+10% Movement Speed per level while Gunzerking.|
|Just Got Real||4||5||Up to +8% Gun Damage per level depending on how low your health is.|
|Sexual Tyrannosaurus||5||5||Taking damage gives +0.4% Health Regeneration per level for 5 seconds. This effect does not stack.|
|Come At Me Bro||6||1||While Gunzerking, you can press [Action Skill] to taunt your enemies into attacking you. You instantly heal to Full Health and gain massive damage reduction for a few seconds.|
Visit http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/gunzerker.html for skill trees.
- I am very good at killing! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- KILLSTREEAAAK! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- EVERYTHING MUST DIE!
- KILLING SPREE BABY!
- YOU ARE NOTHINNNNNG!
When beginning to Gunzerk
- TIME TO COMPENSATE!
- BERSERK SCREAMING!
- BIENVENIDOS A LA FIESTA, AMIGOS! (Welcome to the party, friends!)
- SCREW YOU FREUD!
- PURPLE HAZE!
- TWO GUNS, BITCHES!
- DUAL WIELD, BABY!
- DOUBLE THE GODDAMN FUN!
- CHOW YUN FAT!
- DOUBLE DOWN!
- HAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!
- NOW, LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!
- [humming "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg]
Killing an enemy during Gunzerking
- ADIOS PENDEJOS!!!
- B IS FOR BULLETS! BITCH!
- VAMONOS, PUTAS! (Let's go, bitches!)
- GET OFF MY PLANE!
- I am all that is man!
- It's been revoked!
- Oh, guns, I love you so!
- Sonrie, hijo de...! (Smile, son of a...!)
- I AM EVERYTHING!
- YOU'RE ALL DEAD!
- SOMETHING CLEVER!
- EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE! EVERYONE!
- Gunzerking kicks ass!
- CAN YOU FEEL IT?!
- [Starts to hum]
- This is RIDICULOUS!
- You can't stop me!
- Killing with skill!
- Finito! (Finished!)
Killing a Badass
- Everything about that was good!
- Oh, it's good to be me!
- That's my favourite thing!
- Oh, so good, so good!
- Cah-cah-cah-critical bitch!
- CRITICAL HIT, BITCH!
- OHOHO NO!
When reviving an ally
- I probably got you.
- If anyone's going to almost die, it's ME!
- I stopped shooting to help you.
- You made me stop shooting!
- You can't shoot anything from down there!
- NO! You were always my favorite.
When finding a healing item
- Anybody need healing?
- HEALTH OVER HERE!
- HEY! HEALTH!
When joining a game
- Gunzerker here! People will die!
- Who wants to be shot in the face?
- Anyone need a gunhand, or two?
- Dibs on everything!
When making a high jump in a vehicle
- I frigging hate heights!
- OHHH YEAH!
- Ho ho ho ho! How do you like that, baby?!
When out of ammo
- It's melee 'o clock!
- Bullets schmullets!
- [Distressed scream]
- Frig, I'm dry!
- Still got my dukes!
Throwing a grenade
- 'Nade out!
- Shove this down your throat hole!
- Fire in the hole, pendejo! (Jerk/Asshole)
- Chucking a ballbuster!
- Ballbuster for ya!
- Oohoohoo! New toy!
- I like it! I want it!
- Eh, I've seen better.
- I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!
- You think this changes anything? YOU'RE STILL DEAD!
- Oh, this is my favorite bit!
- No apologies! GIMME MORE!
- You better hope I don't come back!
- Bullets! I need more bullets!
- It was intentional!
When getting a Second Wind
- Thanks, idiot!
- Back from the dead, pendejo! (lit. jerk; usually translated to asshole)
- Never dying!
- I AM THE BEST!
When challenging somebody to a duel
- YOU! ME! ONE OF US IS GOING TO DIE! AND IT'LL PROBABLY BE YOU! Hopefully. I think!
- THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!
- Yeah I hit you, what? I ain't sorry!
- I'm pumped! Let's do this!
When losing a duel
- I HATE EVERYTHING!
- Really? REALLY?
- GOD DAMN IT!
When winning a duel
When comparing items in inventory
- One of you has got to go.
- I hate doing math.
Upon Leveling Up
- I'm slightly better than I was before!
- Can I kill everything with one shot yet?
- I didn't know it was my birthday!
- One step closer to level bazilionty!
- I LIVE for this!
- Happy, so happy!
- What? Nobody told me it was my birthday!
When viewing skills menu with a point to spend
- So much awesome, so few skill points.
- It all looks so tempting.
- ARRGH SO.MUCH.CHOICES
When attempting to switch seats with a partner
- GIMME THAT SEAT!
- I want your seat!
- We gotta get moving. I'm starting to think about stuff!
- This waiting is not fun.
- It's been several minutes since I've seen something explode. Not cool.
- I have no idea what I'm staring at.
- Can something just happen already?!
- This is like watching skags hump.
- This is like watching grass dry.
- [clears throat]...Just, uh...just waiting. On you.
With Handsome Jack's Voice
- At least I know how Jack would sound with my accent, I'm sure that will come in handy later.
- GO EAT LEAD! (Starting to Gunzerk)
- This is RIDONKULOUS! (Killing an enemy while Gunzerking)
- Hey guys, I'm a jackass! (Downed)
- NO REGRETS! (Downed)
- DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA AHAHAHAHA!! (Second Wind)
When looking at the map
- I think I'm lost.
When using the Action Skill Augment "Come At me Bro"
- You can't kill me!
- Bet you can't kill me!
- Gimme your aggro!
- I'm made of steel!
- Aggro sponge!
- I can take it!
- You can't hurt me!
- Over here, morons!
- Bring it!
- Smoke you!
- I'll dig your pain!
- I cannot be killed!
- Hit me I dare YA!
- Bring the pain, bitches!
- I am invincible!
- Hit me, bitches!
- I want your hate!
- Pain? What's pain?
- Hey, this area kinda smells like butts and dead people. (entering Unassuming Docks)
- Que pasa? (talking to Ellie/Eleanor in Flamerock Refuge -- subtitles erroneously do not include the inverted question mark)
- Guns and guns.
Dropping the Crit
- Come on!
- Hijo de puta!
- Nobody grab that, it's mine!
- Blah blah blah, love conquers all, blah blah, romance, blah, open the frigging door. (words of encouragement for Ed)
- (when tasting whiskey):
- Ugh. Lacks the kick of paint thinner.
- Heh. Almost tasted that one.
- Now that's got some kick!
- Sometimes you'll be, like, hungry? But there won't be any food around, so you'll have to, like, get up and go all the way to the store and buy some. (to make the baby cry)
- Course not. Have you met me? I look like a fist with hair stapled to it. (when Moxxi asks about a mister-or-missus Vault Hunter in Salvador's life)
- Hey, my brand! (when collecting the cigar box)
- That's messed up, man. (when Innuendobot asks if his Oedipal feelings for Moxxi are normal)
- (when collecting Stella's wig):
- Hey, girl. Can I have your wig?
- Cool. Uh, I kind of need it for a quest, though.
- SORRY! KIND OF!
- This stuff goes great on sandwiches. (when collecting the can of grease)
- What'd you say about my gun? (when Innuendobot says, "Nice gun. I saw another Vault Hunter with one just like it," and asks if his negging made Salvador love him)
- Heh, He blowed up (When finding Axton's assassin)
- CERVEZA DE LA MUERTE! (Beer of the death) (When finding Maya's assassin)
- So long, Hyperion douchebag (When finding Krieg's assassin)
- I think He's messed up (when finding Zero's assassin)
|This wiki's policy is that each trivia item, not pertaining to another part of the game, must be linked to its reference. All items not linked may be removed without notice or recourse. Please read policies.|
- Salvador is wanted for a number of crimes, including manslaughter, theft, arson, destruction of property, trespassing, cannibalism, public indecency, and profanity.
- Salvador is Spanish and Portuguese for "savior."
- Many of Salvador's skill names are references to pop culture and film:
- "I'm the Juggernaut" is from a viral video featuring a redub of 1990s X-Men cartoon featuring the Juggernaut frequently using the phrase, "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" This line was also used in the movie X-Men: The Last Stand by Juggernaut, played by Vinnie Jones.
- "Out of Bubblegum" is a reference to the movie They Live, where the main character, played by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper says "I have come to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
- "5 shots or 6" is a reference to the movie Dirty Harry when Harry Callahan bluffs a criminal by confusing the issue of the exact number of shots Harry fired by forcing the introspective question "Do I feel lucky".
- "Yippee Ki Yay" is a reference to the Die Hard film series, where the main character John McClane's catch phrase is "Yippee-ki-yay motherfucker!"
- "Get Some" is a reference to the movie Full Metal Jacket. During a chopper ride in the film, a door gunner repeatedly fires on Vietnamese civilians while yellin "Get some!"
- The skills "Ain't Got Time to Bleed" and "Sexual Tyrannosaurus" are references to the film Predator. Both are quotes by Blain, played by Jesse Ventura.
- "Steady as She Goes" is the title of the song by The Raconteurs.
- "I'm your Huckleberry" is a quote commonly used by Doc Holiday in Tombstone.
- "Just Got Real" is part of a quote from the film Bad Boys, the whole quote being "Shit just got real."
- "Inconceivable" is a quote commonly used by Vizzini in the movie The Princess Bride whenever the protagonist overcomes a feat that he believes is impossible.
- "All in the Reflexes" is a reference to the movie Big Trouble in Little China, where the main character, Jack Burton (played by Kurt Russell), commonly says "it's all in the reflexes". The character is known for having great reflexes.
- Of all playable Vault Hunters, Salvador is the only one known to be born and raised on Pandora.
- He has a tattoo on his index fingers, "Rite" on the right one, "Wrong" on the left.
- The gunzerking lines "Time to compensate!" and "Screw you Freud!" are a complex reference to Freudian psychology. In addition to his stunted growth, heavy use of steroids likely caused his genitals to shrink, possibly to the point of uselessness. According to Freud, firearms are considered to be symbols of masculinity, leading to the common belief that they are often used to overcompensate for poor self-esteem in men.
- The "DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA..." quote is a reference to the Orks of the Warhammer 40k universe. Dakka is an ork word that mirrors the sound of the species' beloved guns, known as shootas.
- One of his gunzerking quotes "CHOW YUN FAT" is a nod to the Hong Kong actor Chow Yun -Fat, expecially his role in the 2003 action movie "Bulletproof Monk". Chow was seen holding and using two pistols in both hands in promotional posters, like how Salvador's Gunzerking.