Two guns are better than one.
|Character Type||Playable character|
|Group Affiliations||Crimson Raiders|
|Voice Actor||John Swasey|
Salvador is the Gunzerker-class character in Borderlands 2. His main skill, Gunzerking, allows him to dual wield any two weapons in the game for a limited time.
Aged 36, Salvador is a local, born and raised on the planet Pandora. He stands at a height of 5'4" (~163cm). This stunted growth is revealed to be due to heavy steroid use throughout his life.
Despite his love for excessive violence being aimed towards bandits and criminals, Salvador was nonetheless about to be executed by the people of his own hometown of Ovejas for his actions when a Hyperion strike team arrived to seize the town. After destroying the invading forces, Salvador becomes interested in the new Vault upon hearing of its dangers while "interrogating" the last survivor of the strike team and leaving him to crawl back to Hyperion on a single arm (as Salvador had ripped off his other arm and broken both his legs).
Salvador's Action Skill, "Gunzerking," allows Salvador to dual wield two guns (of any type) at the same time. His Rampage and Gun Lust trees heighten his dual wielding skills and amplify weapon stats, while the Brawn skill tree boosts the amount of damage Salvador can take and dish out. He also gains a health boost when it is activated.
The base cooldown for Gunzerking is 42 seconds, base duration is 20.
- Main article: Salvador/ECHO Recorders
- I am very good at killing! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- KILLSTREEAAAK! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- EVERYTHING MUST DIE!
- KILLING SPREE BABY!
- YOU ARE NOTHINNNNNG!
When beginning to Gunzerk
- TIME TO COMPENSATE!
- BERSERK SCREAMING!
- BIENVENIDOS A LA FIESTA, AMIGOS! (Welcome to the party, friends!)
- SCREW YOU FREUD!
- PURPLE HAZE!
- TWO GUNS, BITCHES!
- DUAL WIELD, BABY!
- DOUBLE THE GODDAMN FUN!
- CHOW YUN FAT!
- DOUBLE DOWN!
- HAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!
- NOW, LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!
- FISTFUL OF PAIN!
- [humming "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg]
Killing an enemy during Gunzerking
- ADIÓS PENDEJOS!!! (Goodbye, idiots!!!) (Note: "pendejo" is ruder than "idiot", closer to "asshole")
- B IS FOR BULLETS! BITCH!
- VÁMONOS, PUTAS! (Let's go, bitches!)
- GET OFF MY PLANE!
- I am all that is man!
- It's been revoked!
- Oh, guns, I love you so!
- Sonrie, hijo de...! (Smile, son of a...!)
- I AM EVERYTHING!
- YOU'RE ALL DEAD!
- SOMETHING CLEVER!
- EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE! EVERYONE!
- Gunzerking kicks ass!
- CAN YOU FEEL IT?!
- [Starts to hum]
- This is RIDICULOUS!
- You can't stop me!
- Killing with skill!
- Finito! (Finished!)
Killing a Badass
- Everything about that was good!
- Oh, it's good to be me!
- That's my favourite thing!
- Oh, so good, so good!
- Cah-cah-cah-critical bitch!
- CRITICAL HIT, BITCH!
- OHOHO NO!
When reviving an ally
- I probably got you.
- If anyone's going to almost die, it's ME!
- I stopped shooting to help you.
- You made me stop shooting!
- You can't shoot anything from down there!
- NO! You were always my favorite.
When finding a healing item
- Anybody need healing?
- HEALTH OVER HERE!
- HEY! HEALTH!
When joining a game
- Gunzerker here! People will die!
- Who wants to be shot in the face?
- Anyone need a gunhand, or two?
- Dibs on everything!
When making a high jump in a vehicle
- I frigging hate heights!
- OHHH YEAH!
- Ho ho ho ho! How do you like that, baby?!
When out of ammo
- It's melee 'o clock!
- Bullets schmullets!
- [Distressed scream]
- Frig, I'm dry!
- Still got my dukes!
Throwing a grenade
- 'Nade out!
- Shove this down your throat hole!
- Fire in the hole, pendejo! (Jerk/Asshole)
- Chucking a ballbuster!
- Ballbuster for ya!
- Oohoohoo! New toy!
- I like it! I want it!
- Eh, I've seen better.
- I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!
- You think this changes anything? YOU'RE STILL DEAD!
- Oh, this is my favorite bit!
- No apologies! GIMME MORE!
- You better hope I don't come back!
- Bullets! I need more bullets!
- It was intentional!
When getting a Second Wind
- Thanks, idiot!
- Back from the dead, pendejo! (lit. jerk; usually translated to asshole)
- Never dying!
- I AM THE BEST!
When challenging somebody to a duel
- YOU! ME! ONE OF US IS GOING TO DIE! AND IT'LL PROBABLY BE YOU! Hopefully. I think!
- THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!
- Yeah I hit you, what? I ain't sorry!
- I'm pumped! Let's do this!
When losing a duel
- I HATE EVERYTHING!
- Really? REALLY?
- GOD DAMN IT!
When winning a duel
When comparing items in inventory
- One of you has got to go.
- I hate doing math.
Upon Leveling Up
- I'm slightly better than I was before!
- Can I kill everything with one shot yet?
- I didn't know it was my birthday!
- One step closer to level bazilionty!
- I LIVE for this!
- Happy, so happy!
- What? Nobody told me it was my birthday!
When viewing skills menu with a point to spend
- So much awesome, so few skill points.
- It all looks so tempting.
- ARRGH SO.MUCH.CHOICES
When attempting to switch seats with a partner
- GIMME THAT SEAT!
- I want your seat!
- We gotta get moving. I'm starting to think about stuff!
- This waiting is not fun.
- It's been several minutes since I've seen something explode. Not cool.
- I have no idea what I'm staring at.
- Can something just happen already?!
- This is like watching skags hump.
- This is like watching grass dry.
- [clears throat]...Just, uh...just waiting. On you.
With Handsome Jack's Voice
- At least I know how Jack would sound with my accent, I'm sure that will come in handy later.
- Uhh…is this thing working? Uh woah! That’s weird.
- GO EAT LEAD! (Starting to Gunzerk)
- This is RIDONKULOUS! (Killing an enemy while Gunzerking)
- Hey guys, I'm a jackass! (Downed)
- NO REGRETS! (Downed)
- DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA AHAHAHAHA!! (Second Wind)
When looking at the map
- I think I'm lost.
When using the Action Skill Augment "Come At me Bro"
- You can't kill me!
- Bet you can't kill me!
- Gimme your aggro!
- I'm made of steel!
- Aggro sponge!
- I can take it!
- You can't hurt me!
- Over here, morons!
- Bring it!
- Smoke you!
- I'll dig your pain!
- I cannot be killed!
- Hit me I dare YA!
- Bring the pain, bitches!
- I am invincible!
- Hit me, bitches!
- I want your hate!
- Pain? What's pain?
- Hey, this area kinda smells like butts and dead people. (entering Unassuming Docks)
- Que pasa? (talking to Ellie/Eleanor in Flamerock Refuge -- subtitles erroneously do not include the inverted question mark)
- Guns and guns.
Dropping the Crit
- Come on!
- Hijo de puta!
- Nobody grab that, it's mine!
- Blah blah blah, love conquers all, blah blah, romance, blah, open the frigging door. (words of encouragement for Ed)
- (when tasting whiskey):
- Ugh. Lacks the kick of paint thinner.
- Heh. Almost tasted that one.
- Now that's got some kick!
- Sometimes you'll be, like, hungry? But there won't be any food around, so you'll have to, like, get up and go all the way to the store and buy some. (to make the baby cry)
- Course not. Have you met me? I look like a fist with hair stapled to it. (when Moxxi asks about a mister-or-missus Vault Hunter in Salvador's life)
- Hey, my brand! (when collecting the cigar box)
- That's messed up, man. (when Innuendobot asks if his Oedipal feelings for Moxxi are normal)
- (when collecting Stella's wig):
- Hey, girl. Can I have your wig?
- Cool. Uh, I kind of need it for a quest, though.
- SORRY! KIND OF!
- This stuff goes great on sandwiches. (when collecting the can of grease)
- What'd you say about my gun? (when Innuendobot says, "Nice gun. I saw another Vault Hunter with one just like it," and asks if his negging made Salvador love him)
- Heh. He blew up. (When finding Axton's assassin)
- So, wait... you're saying this guy could fly? (When finding Gaige's assassin)
- Cerveza de la muerte! (Beer of the death!) (When finding Maya's assassin)
- That was a fun weekend. (When informed of who his assassin is)
- Aw, man. The last of the Chung clan and he got killed before I even showed up? Worst day ever. (When finding Salvador's assassin)
- Adios, Hyperion douchebag. (When finding Krieg's assassin)
- That's messed up. (When finding Zer0's assassin)
|This wiki's policy is that each trivia item, not pertaining to another part of the game, must be linked to its reference. All items not linked may be removed without notice or recourse. Please read policies.|
- Salvador is wanted for a number of crimes, including manslaughter, theft, arson, destruction of property, trespassing, cannibalism, public indecency, and profanity. He has the most crimes of all of the Vault Hunters, and the fourth highest bounty, after Krieg, Maya and Gaige, at 100,000,000,000$, 720,000,000,000$ and 820 Billion dollars, respectively.
- Salvador is Spanish and Portuguese for "savior."
- Many of Salvador's skill names are references to pop culture and film:
- "I'm the Juggernaut" is from a viral video featuring a redub of 1990s X-Men cartoon featuring the Juggernaut frequently using the phrase, "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" This line was also used in the movie X-Men: The Last Stand by Juggernaut, played by Vinnie Jones.
- "Out of Bubblegum" is a reference to the movie They Live, where the main character, played by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper says "I have come to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
- "5 shots or 6" is a reference to the movie Dirty Harry when Harry Callahan bluffs a criminal by confusing the issue of the exact number of shots Harry fired by forcing the introspective question "Do I feel lucky".
- "Yippee Ki Yay" is a reference to the Die Hard film series, where the main character John McClane's catch phrase is "Yippee-ki-yay motherfucker!"
- "Get Some" is a reference to the movie Full Metal Jacket. During a chopper ride in the film, a door gunner repeatedly fires on Vietnamese civilians while yelling, "Get some!"
- The skills "Ain't Got Time to Bleed" and "Sexual Tyrannosaurus" are references to the film Predator. Both are quotes by Blain, played by Jesse Ventura.
- "Steady as She Goes" is the title of the song by The Raconteurs.
- "I'm your Huckleberry" is a quote commonly used by Doc Holiday in Tombstone.
- "Just Got Real" is part of a quote from the film Bad Boys, the whole quote being "Shit just got real."
- "Inconceivable" is a quote commonly used by Vizzini in the movie The Princess Bride whenever the protagonist overcomes a feat that he believes is impossible.
- "All in the Reflexes" is a reference to the movie Big Trouble in Little China, where the main character, Jack Burton (played by Kurt Russell), commonly says "it's all in the reflexes." The character is known for having great reflexes.
- "Get off my plane!" is said by James Marshall (Harrison Ford) in Air Force One shortly before he shoves the villain off of the Presidential aircraft in mid-air.
- "Sonrie, hijo de..." ("Smile, you son of a...") is spoken near the end of Jaws, right before Brody (Roy Scheider) shoots an air tank that kills the great white shark.
- "It's been revoked!" is a reference to the line "It's just been revoked" from Lethal Weapon 2, where Roger Murtaugh (Danny Glover) shoots and kills the villain hiding behind his promise of diplomatic immunity.
- Of all playable Vault Hunters, Salvador is the only one known to be born and raised on Pandora.
- He has a tattoo on his index fingers, "Rite" on the right one, "Wrong" on the left.
- The gunzerking lines "Time to compensate!" and "Screw you Freud!" are a complex reference to Freudian psychology. According to Freud, firearms are considered to be symbols of masculinity, leading to the common belief that they are often used to overcompensate for poor self-esteem in men. Salvador's short stature is a classic definition of the Napoleon complex as well as the quintessential game theory definition.
- The "DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA..." quote is a reference to the Orks of the Warhammer 40k universe. Dakka is an ork word that mirrors the sound of the species' beloved guns, known as shootas.
- One of his gunzerking quotes "CHOW YUN FAT" is a nod to the Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat, especially his role in the 2003 action movie Bulletproof Monk. Chow was seen holding and using two pistols in both hands in promotional posters.