|Scavenger: Machine Gun|
|Location||The Salt Flats|
|Given By||Middle Of Nowhere Bounty Board|
|Rewards||4416 XP, $0, Machine Gun|
|Mission Type||Optional mission|
This is one of the six Scavenger missions available throughout the game. Players are offered a mission to collect 4 parts of a weapon - these missions require players to do a little searching, as the waypoint markers only provide a general location for each of the parts. Once the pieces are collected, the mission can be turned in for the reward of a random generation of the appropriate weapon type.
Collect 4 pieces of the machine gun and return the pieces to the Middle Of Nowhere Bounty Board.
- Find all the machine gun parts.
- Machine Gun Body: 0/1
- Machine Gun Magazine: 0/1
- Machine Gun Stock: 0/1
- Machine Gun Barrel: 0/1
- "There are components to machine gun scattered around. If you find all the components, I can reassemble the weapon for you. Bring me the Body, Stock, Magazine, and Barrel."
The gun parts are hidden amid the buildings of Thor Digtown and the encampment itself is populated with some well armed and aggressive enemies. The pieces are easy to find, but the way point only shows the general area.
- Barrel: The barrel is at the top of a metal ramp that overlooks the entrance on the east side of the camp. The base of the ramp is near a lean-to covering two lockers and a Jakobs fuel tank.
- Stock: The stock isn't far from the body. It can be seen by backing up a few paces and looking right to see a small camp fire going with some meat cooking. There is an ammo box at one side of the camp, directly above this ammo box on that metal container is the stock.
- Body: The body of the gun is on top of the left hand silo near the shops (coming at it towards the shop). Jump up at the side of the silo to collect the prize.
- Magazine:The magazine is on top of the blue hut north of the way point marker. Use the concrete wall near the hut to get up there.
- "I was able to assemble those parts into a complete weapon. Here's your new machine gun. Enjoy!"
- Some of the parts of the weapon may spawn in a different order, but all locations are the same. Don't be surprised if you find the barrel where the scope should be.
- Follow the marker on the map. The marker is indicative of the general location for all pieces. All pieces of the gun can be found near the marker.
- Machine Gun Body text: Smooth and deadly.
- Machine Gun Magazine text: It's remarkably well preserved, all things considered.
- Machine Gun Stock text: Looks like it'll probably work.
- Machine Gun Barrel text: Shows signs of heavy use.
- Claptrap Rescue: The Salt Flats - This claptrap next to the gun parts.
- The Final Piece - The main story continues in the bucket-wheel excavator dominating the encampment.