"I was named after my sister!"
|Location||New Haven, T-Bone Junction, Sanctuary|
Badass Crater Bar
|Game||Borderlands, Borderlands 2|
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
|Voiced By||Mike Neumann|
Scooter mentions being named after one of his sisters. His mother is revealed to be Mad Moxxi during the course of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, and he grudgingly admits that Jimbo Hodunk is his father during Borderlands 2. He also says that he finally killed Lucky Zaford.
Scooter maintains the Catch-A-Rides and built the Outrunners that players can use to drive around Pandora. Once characters arrive in New Haven, he will also hand out some missions, including one to check on his old friend T.K. Baha.
Scooter returns in Borderlands 2 as Sanctuary's mechanic. He assists the Crimson Raiders in maintaining the rebel city. His sister, Ellie, maintains a garage in The Dust. He also maintains the Sanctuary's flying system. Some of his missions involve helping him find a girlfriend, which usually end in his interest's death.
- Hey, you the one killin' all the crap when people ask? The Catch-a-Ride near Fyrestone is more busted than my momma's girl parts. Really appreciate you takin' a poke at that. The uh, system, not my mom. Hot dog down a Skag den, know what I'm sayin'?
- That right there is a beaut', man. My runner's ain't the prettiest gal at the dance, but she'll put out the second you ask 'er. And be sure to hit the boost to know why everyone wants to Catch-A-Ride with Scooter, man.
- Lucky's an old buddy of mine - and by old buddy I mean asshole that ruined my momma's girl parts. Sounds like he's in trouble so you go on ahead and try and keep him alive long enough so I can kill him at a later occasion.
- Heya man! Hey, you need sumthin'?
- Hey, you just holler when you need me, alright?
- Well come on by, I ain't goin' bite... probably.
- Hey, I got my eye out, just wait your turn, man!
- Com'n out the dust nasty out th're ai'nit?
- Heard you huntin' for that Vault. You know, even if it weren't hogwash, would it matter? What're you gonna do with treasure anyhow? All we got here is mud, guns, and dirt!
- Now, I wasn't born in no barn, alright? Well... actually I was, but all I'm sayin' is you don't believe people runnin' around talkin' 'bout some magic door spewin' out treasure and the like, alright?
- I should tell ya, I wouldn't trust Tannis with any one of my vehicles... what with all that science and... her boyish haircut.
- I ain't one to gossip - but that Tannis ain't quite on the up and up, ya know what I mean?
- Now, this is just between you and me, and some choice machine parts over there, but that Tannis acts real peculiar-like - it don't befit a lady.
- Hey, you heard the news? Don't seem to make but two beans a sense, the Vault bein' real and all.
- Hey, you hear the Vault is real? I been tell'n' everyone the whole time that son-of-a-bitch was real. I said it, I swear on my daddy's body, bless his run-over soul.
- Word now's the Vault's real. Well, if it is real, what'd anyone put in the damn thing? Gold? Hot chicks? ...Monkeys?
- Hey, you seen them Lance soldiers 'round here? Why'd anyone send an army out here for, anyway?
- I gotta say... Not sure we need crazy robot people like the Crimson Lance comin' in here and tell'n' us what is what.
- Hey, you seen those Crimson Lance? Buncha walkin' buckets! Ain't that I got any beef with 'em, they just armed up to the teeth, and I ain't sure what they are up to.
- Whoa! Unauthorized user up in my grill!
- Welcome to Catch-A-Ride, please enjoy your stay, and there's a pimento taco - a pimentaco - in the glovebox.
- Judging by how you killed them bandits, I'd say you and blood have an extra special relationship, like cousins taking a bath together!
- Roland said we should have an exit strategery if he ever went missing. Now to see the fuits of your loins, this city is gonna fly! (Sanctuary sputters and dies) ... Or not. Damn. Well, now we really need Roland.
- The ladies say that Scooter's the fastest ride in town. Catch-A-Ri.. oh, I just realized that's an insult.
- Hey! Name's Scooter! I's named after my sister. Hey, come get you some wheels!
- This is where the cars live! Get you one!
- Hey, listen to Scooter! When you gotta get across the rough 'n rowdiest places on Pandora, accept no sub-sti-tute!
- Hey, Scooter says don't walk, drive! My daddy always said wheels were better than heels. Uh, he was paralyzed, though. Anyway, don't walk, drive!
- Hey, this is Scooter saying, four wheels is better than... than uh, zero... wheels... Hey, have fun!
- Hey, don't be shy now! C'mon! Catch a Riiiiiiiiiiide!
- Hey! My runners don't look like some blushing bride's or an'thing... but she'll get ya there... maybe even alive... Catch a ride!
- Hey! Can't really tell one way or the other. Vault's real.. Vault ain't.. Flip a coin.. Say a pray'r.. Wutever!
- Hey, this is Scooter! And this is my Catch-A-Ride!
- Hey! Let's get you rolling!
- Trick out your ride!
- Hey! This is the place to Catch-A-Ride! You can paint it all kinds of pretty colors to boot!
General Knoxx DLC quotes
- Shit and meatballs! Didn't think I'd ever see your dumb ass again! Did you really open the Vault? Did that Steele chick take her clothes off yet? I need details though. - 1st part of Scooter's cinematic
- Act all casual like when I say this. I'm gonna speak in code, so I hope you have the mental capacity to follow. Your 'lady friend' told me to send you to 'Moxxi's place' when you stopped by... If you know what I'm saying. - 2nd part of Scooter's cinematic
- Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon! That is a monster! That's gonna be sweet! - Upon finding the supercharger
- Just a quick note about Moxxi in the event you ain't met her. She's got a peculiar streak in 'er. Loves the lime light, but she ain't as sketchy as she appears to be on stage. ... Oh, almost forgot, she's my Mom. So you treat her right or I'll bury you where I buried Lucky. Yeah, I killed him, don't act all surprised. I told you I was gonna do it.
Arid Badlands missions
New Haven missions
T-Bone Junction missions
- As shown by a billboard in T-Bone Junction, Scooter endorses Clitz brand beer, with the slogan "It's what's under the hood".
- Scooter also appears to be incestuous, confessing to once having a crush on his sister, and mentioning that his desired girlfriend Laney is distantly related to him.
- In Anthony Burch's series Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'? There's an episode where Gearbox's ideas are shown on a whiteboard, one of the idea concepts was Scooter being gay.