CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
Secrets and Mysteries indeed. A hacked claptrap, a mysterious voice, a secret lab... What answers lie ahead? Or perhaps only more questions to be answered?
Someone has hacked the Jakobs Cove Claptrap and tells you all is not as it seems.
- Find Ned's original lab to see if he is who he says he is.
- Boat found: 0/1
- Lab opened: 0/1
- "Someone hacked into Claptrap and left you a cryptic message. You were told that Dr. Ned is not to be trusted, and you can find Dr. Ned's old laboratory by taking a boat off the island. Find Ned's lab and use the secret knock to enter."
- Head south to Ned's Infirmary, follow the beach around to the east and you will come to a boat.
- Take the boat to Dead Haven (use the transition point). You will arrive at the docks, head up the stairs to the elevator. Take the elevator up.
- Fight through the zombies to the secret lab. Enter the lab and listen to the ECHO recorder.
- "Dr. Ned is behind the zombies. Imagine that."
- If you turn off the console, or come back to Jakob's Cove while playing this mission, sometimes the Claptrap is still tied up, but without rope binding him at all.
- The "special knock" you learn from the hacked Claptrap to gain entrance to the secret lab is the first five beats of "Shave and a Haircut, two bits".