The Shredifier is a legendary assault rifle manufactured by Vladof. Shredifier is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Hyperius the Invincible located in Washburne Refinery. In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel it is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
Special Weapon Effects
Speed Kills. – Greatly decreased spool time, extremely high firing speed and very large capacity. Slightly reduced damage.
Usage & Description
The Shredifier is an improvement on normal Vladof Spiniguns, as it already starts at a high fire rate and speeds up from there, rather than starting from a low fire rate. The Shredifier also has a much higher magazine size, around 90-100 on certain variants.
With the very high fire rate, Shredifier not only consumes ammo very fast, but it also tends to be heavily inaccurate, especially at range or when shooting at small or fast moving targets. This restricts the Shredifier's most useful range to be around the same as most shotguns. Aiming down the sight does not always help reduce the extreme spread of bullets, and making effective use of the Shredifier requires the user aim down the sights considerably.
The Shredifier can work especially well with Gaige's The Better Half skill, which will greatly boost the fire rate at half the magazine, where the Shredifier will have already reached its maximum speed, allowing for a higher DPS and overall damage.
Using two Shredifiers at once while gunzerking will quickly outpace the Gunzerker's ammo regeneration.
- The Brady Books strategy guide mistakenly listed this weapon as dropping commonly from Bonehead 2.0, confusing it with the Bone Shredder. It is a possible drop from Hyperius the Invincible in the DLC Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty.
- The Shredifier is an extremely fast firing weapon, able to obtain a maximum fire rate of 15.7. This is only surpassed by Jakobs weapons at maximum fire rate, which is impossible to attain without mods or cheats, and the CHOPPER, which can have a fire rate of 18.1. However, due to the way fire rates work in Borderlands 2, it (and all other weapons), is capped at 15 (unless it can be boosted to 30 through fire rate increase skills)
- A SHiFT code for the Swift Shredifier is included with the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The item caption reads "You're gonna want some sort of ammo regeneration. Just throwing that out there."
- The flavor text is based on the "Speed Kills" series by Michael Angelo Batio in 2003.
- The flavor text shares its name with the Borderlands "Speed Kills" achievement from the add-on, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
- Michael Mamaril may occasionally spawn with this weapon on his back, along with other legendaries.
- In the game's files, the body type is incorrectly labeled as "Legendary.AR_Vladof_5_Sherdifier". All other parts are labeled without the misspelling.