StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
|Location||Badass Crater Bar|
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax
He is a hunter who dresses in a ragged, futuristic version of a Victorian adventurer's outfit, with a slouch hat, a broken pair of glasses that resembles a monocle, and a robotic right eye, arm, and leg. The artificial appendages are prosthetics acquired as replacements for limbs lost during a particularly nasty encounter with a thresher named Old Slappy some years earlier.
Sir Hammerlock is the first friendly human encountered in Borderlands 2. He agrees to repair Claptrap's eye after the Vault Hunters clear out Liar's Berg, and then begins to send the Vault Hunters out on various research expeditions on the local fauna for his as yet unpublished almanac. He soon relocates to Sanctuary, where he continues to serve as a mission provider.
Hammerlock can also be seen among the patrons of the Badass Crater Bar, although he is comparatively inactive in this area.
He becomes a central figure in the third campaign DLC, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, where he guides the Vault Hunters through their adventures on the continent of Aegrus. He is initially found at a hidden camp site in Hunter's Grotto, before taking up residence in the Aegrus Sophisticates' Lodge.
- A pamphlet titled, "Sir Hammerlock's Field Guide", is packaged in the Ultimate Loot Chest edition of Borderlands 2.
- According to an article published by game designer Anthony Burch, Sir Hammerlock is canonically homosexual. This clarifies lore in Borderlands 2, where Sir Hammerlock first mentions having a boyfriend in the late Taggart, and subsequent references to it are made in downloadable and promotional content.
- After Sanctuary gets relocated, his name changes from Sir Hammerlock, to just Hammerlock when sighted in gun crosshairs.
- "Hello mercenary person! I have money and a problem."
- "Do you feel that you have too many bullets and not enough money?"
- "Things need to be shot and by jove, you're the one to shoot them!"
- "I see our fearless leader Jack is looking for you. Charming fellow, isn’t he? Spouts drivel about bringing peace to the frontier, then shoots unarmed men, women and children like it was going out of style."