Skrappy is a small, orange skag, the beloved pet of Crazy Earl. His noticeable distinguishing feature is a collar made from a saw blade.
During the course of the mission Earl's Best Friend, Skrappy will be discovered in a skag pen in Trash Coast, having been put there by a bandit skag-fighting ring. It is up to the Vault hunters to rescue the little thing and send him off home to Crazy Earl.
- Skrappy, although an ally, has a bright green health bar similar to those seen on teammates when playing cooperative games. Skrappy is killable and must reach its escape route alive to complete the mission.
- Artifacts and other rare items can drop from Skrappy if he is killed as a pup.
- Skrappy will attack wild skags that wander (or be kited) into Crazy Earl's camp.
- Skrappy's name is a reference to Scrappy Doo from the Scooby Doo television series. Crazy Earl says that the bandits "wouldn't know how to clean up his little Skrappy-doos."
- Sometimes his walking audio files sound exactly like those of claptrap when moving.
- In Borderlands 2 Earl will occasionally cry out, "Where are you, Skrappy!" and start crying.