|Sledge: Battle For The Badlands|
|Given By||Shep Sanders|
|Rewards||9408 XP, $6866, Class Mod|
|Rewards||25387 XP, $83081, Class Mod|
|Previous||Sledge: To The Safe House|
|Next||Leaving Fyrestone (story mission),|
|Mission Type||Story mission|
Kill Sledge and take the Eridian Artifact.
- Kill Sledge: 0/1
- Take the Eridian Artifact: 0/1
- "It's time to push the attack! Infiltrate Headstone Mine and kill Sledge. If you get the chance, grab that Eridian Artifact of his. As Dr. Zed put it, nobody wants another bandit to find it and start another blood-fuelled crusade for the Vault. If you manage to come out of this fight alive, head back to Zed and let him know what happened."
Once inside the entrance to Headstone Mine there is a lengthy path looping a long way around to the south. From the entrance, clear the front area of bandits and proceed up the ramp to the right of the closed gate. A switch at the top will open the gate to proceed directly into the open area beyond, or alternatively a more circuitous route with plentiful cover can be taken by moving through the buildings at the top of the ramp. Overlooking the open ground is a Mulciber Mk 2 covering the path deeper in. Continue to clear the area and head up past the Mulciber and into the mine tunnel, encountering more bandit ambushes on the way to the finale.
Once at Sledge's lair, take the elevator up to an upper level with a Med Vendor and Ammo Vendor at the save point. Sledge can be found in a chamber at the end of a long corridor (Tactics to use on Sledge are comprehensively covered on Sledge's page). When Sledge is defeated, loot his chest and collect the artifact. A door will then open in the east wall of Sledge's lair allowing a quick shortcut back to the entrance area, thus bypassing most of the respawned bandits.
- "I hardly believe you managed to take down Sledge! I'll put in the word to Helena, and I'm sure if I tell her your story, she'll give you the clearance you need to enter the Dahl Headlands."
There is a shortcut to get to Sledge that skips many of the bandits in the way:
- Locate the bulldozer next to the large building where Sledge is supposed to be.
- Jump on the Bulldozer and go towards the front of it.
- Throw a grenade and grenade jump to the adjacent platform.
- Go to the other end of the building and use the checkpoint marker.
- Returning to the room just left to begin fighting Sledge!