Slot machines are interactive objects introduced in Borderlands 2. They can drop anything from weapons, to a live grenade depending on the result. Cost is dependent on the character level.
Known combinations and rewards
- 3 sevens: Character skin only from a manufacturer i.e.: Vladof Sickle.
- 3 cherries: Green-rarity item.
- 3 legs: Blue-rarity item (Very rarely, a purple level item.)
- 3 Marcus: Purple-rarity item.
- 3 Borderlands logos: Orange-rarity item. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl_tQGZwSY
- Psycho masks: The slot machine will drop a live grenade from the reward box, injuring the player if too close.
- 3 Eridium bars: 4 Eridium
- 3 double Eridium bars: 8 Eridium
- 3 triple Eridium bars: 12 Eridium
- Any two with bell at the end: Cash
- Any two with non-bell: White weapon
- 3 Bells: Large amount of cash
- Two in sancturary, inside Moxxxi's bar.
- One in dust, inside a shack with an ammo and medical shop outside of it.
- One in the Holy Spirits, a bar in the northern section of The Highlands.
- Carried by "The One Armed Bandit" rare enemy.
- Slot machines are both said to be "...generally a losing proposition, because that's how slot machines work." As well as being capable of dropping particularly rare loot.
- Eridium is dispensed from the front tray on the slot machine in stacks of four for the single and double stack spins. When hitting the triple stack, the machine cascades eleven of the eridium onto the floor in front of the machine, leaving 1 in the tray.