Sniper Rifle (old-style) is the title of a group of common sniper rifles in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. They are manufactured exclusively by Hyperion with old-style materials and prefixes, and commonly spawns with the Dahl and Maliwan barrels.
Usage & Description
Old-style Hyperion sniper rifles have such traits of modern analogs as a low rate of fire and branded "reverse recoil". Compared to modern Hyperion sniper rifles they have higher damage output at the cost of lower accuracy and slightly lower fire rate. This and almost complete lack of recoil make them a worthy choice for short-to-medium range.
The old-style Sniper Rifle can come with Dahl or Maliwan barrel, each one can give the gun different properties:
- Dahl barrel (stable) – Gives more recoil reduction, faster recoil recovery but decreased base damage.
- Maliwan barrel (standart) – Increases elemental effect chance (if the weapon spawn with an element) and accuracy.
- Fremington's Edge – Unique sniper rifle (version from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel) with greatly increased zoom and critical hit damage when zoomed, and also increased damage and accuracy.
- The variants of the Sniper Rifle in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel can spawn also with Hyperion's new-style sets of materials and prefixes which are the same as in Borderlands 2.
- The Sniper Rifle (old-style) is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
- Cryo variants with Maliwan barrel tend to be more powerful and useful from all varietes of old-style Sniper Rifle.