|Son of Mothrakk|
Son of Mothrakk generally stays a fair distance away from his target, and eventually swoops down for attacks. He does dive in close for a swoop attack, but can also bomb the ground with jets of flame.
- Most of Son of Mothrakk's drops are similar to Slagged Bloodwing's.
- If the Siren uses phaselock above a certain area behind the wall, Son of Mothrakk will become disoriented and fall down the side of the wall and a large rock, making him untargetable and stuck. His AI is perfectly capable of flying up but gets confused on which enemy to attack, as there are stalkers he would attack if he got too close to them.
- If the Siren uses phaselock on Son of Mothrakk when he is above the arena, there is a chance that he will drop directly to the ground after the phaselock ends. When killed, there is a large chance of the loot flying over the wall making it impossible to reach.
- Son of Mothrakk has a low chance to drop the Skullmasher.
- Son of Mothrakk can be difficult to farm because his loot often falls through the floor after landing, making it impossible to obtain. It also takes an excessively long time to run through the Wildlife Preserve to reach him, compared to other commonly farmed bosses.
- Drops the Bone Shredder on Day 25 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- Mothrakk was a boss in Borderlands.
- After defeating the Rakk Hive in Borderlands, a relatively small Mothrakk will use its fire breath to open the barricade leading to the next vault key piece. This may be Son of Mothrakk.
- Son of Mothrakk is a reference to the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy, which features the son of Mothra as the main kaiju.