Strongman Stabby Claptrap
Seeking to overthrow the humans on Pandora, the newly reprogrammed Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap formed an army of Claptraps to form the initial backbone of the robot revolution. The Stabby Claptrap was built or refitted to operate as a fast strike melee unit. There are various different kinds of Stabby Claptrap including; a circus strongman paint design with two wooden mallets for hands, a boxing champion wearing a pair of red boxing gloves, and a knife-wielding punk with a pair of chains crossed over its front.
Stabby Claptraps attack by pitching forward and charging into close combat where they lash out at their opponents with vigorous melee strikes. They stop and swing when they attack, offering an opportunity to escape their limited range. They are not particularly fast and can also be outrun quite effortlessly.
A Stabby Claptrap's critical hit location is its centrally mounted optic sensor.
- Playthrough 1: Stabby Claptrap
- Playthrough 2: Master Samurai Claptrap
- Playthrough 2.5: Mega Samurai Claptrap
- Viva la Robolution! - sighting an enemy
- Target disassembled! - sighting an enemy
- Eat it, fleshbag! - sighting an enemy
- Stabby! Stabby! - striking
- En garde! - striking
- How do you like them apples?!? - striking
- Heh! - striking
- Claptrap needs help badly! - damaged
- I'm hit! - damaged
- My paint job! - damaged
- System shock! - damaged
- Oil can! Oil can! - damaged
- Diverting power to shields! - shields depleted
- Waaaaugh! - upon dying
- I see three flashing red lights...- upon dying
- All Stabby Claptraps say "Stabby! Stabby!" even when wielding boxing gloves or wooden mallets.
- The gold medal on the boxing champ Stabby Claptrap design carries the ubiquitous Vault symbol.
- When taking damage they say "System shock" as a reference to the first-person action-adventure video game System Shock released in 1994.
- The Stabby Claptrap line, "Claptrap needs help badly" is a Gauntlet reference. Gauntlet used the words "[character name] needs food BADLY."