The Striker is a legendary shotgun manufactured by Jakobs. In Borderlands 2, the Striker is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Old Slappy located in The Highlands - Outwash. In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the Striker is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from RedBelly located in Crisis Scar.
Special Weapon Effects
Fandir? Thirteen. – 50% additive crit bonus and a 15% multiplicative crit bonus, added with exceptional accuracy and minuscule spread. Increased weapon zoom when sighted.
Usage & Description
The Striker's most prominent change from its previous incarnation is that which applied to many Jakobs weapons - unlike its counterpart in Borderlands, where the massive damage was at the cost of fire rate, the Striker is semi-automatic with a small magazine in Borderlands 2.
Perhaps even more accurate than it was before, the Striker also keeps its bonus critical hit damage but at the cost of very high recoil - if unscoped, subsequent shots fired may miss the intended target completely. The nature of its accuracy further reduces its usefulness, as the Striker's tight spread will stray about the crosshairs as one group, a rather hit-or-miss behavior compared to other shotguns' random deviations of every pellet.
Up close, many other shotguns can easily outperform the Striker, even other Jakobs shotguns of considerably lower rarity as its pellet count is relatively low. However it only uses one shell per shot, so per ammo spent it is one of the most powerful shotguns on Pandora.
- Zer0 can make excellent use of the Striker with his many means of improving Critical Hit damage and accuracy.
- It's also a good match for Salvador, as it can do all or most of its damage at considerable range, even while hipfiring, making it a noteworthy choice for gunzerking.
- Gaige can also make excellent use of a Striker with an Anarchy build. The naturally small magazine size, coupled with the reduction from Smaller, Lighter, Faster can get the magazine size down to 1, which means it will be reloaded (quickly) after every shot, gaining a stack of Anarchy every time. The high accuracy can also help negate the accuracy penalties suffered by Anarchy. The gun can also prove useful for Gaige when paired with the Shock and "AAAGGGGHHH!" skill as the shock novas created by the skill will be generated near-constantly.
- The Striker, when it has its maximum mag size of four with a Bandit grip and mag size prefix, works well against crystalisks, as a good shot can get all the pellets on one critical spot, popping the crystals off with one round.
- With a minimum critical bonus of +72 percent. The Striker is an excellent weapon for Nisha's showdown activation skill as the pellet spread is so precise that usually each do critical damage.
- With the addition of Luneshine in The Pre-Sequel it is possible to obtain a +141 percent critical bonus on a Striker with both the Doc's prefix and the Punisher Luneshine.
- The Striker is one of several orange-rarity legendary guns to return from Borderlands.
- The item description has been the source of conflict and confusion amongst fans because the Mysterious Amulet also has a mention of Fandir. Upon receiving the Mysterious Amulet, the supplier says, "The secret lies in Fandir's grasp." No other reference to Fandir has been found in Borderlands 2.
- The Striker is one of the few legendary weapons whose barrel is not the same as its manufacturer.