|Given By||Sir Hammerlock|
|Rewards||362 XP, $39|
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Rewards||$1,187, 10,369 XP, Skin Customization|
|Mission Type||Optional Mission|
- "Would you like to do battle with a midget riding piggyback on a bullymong? If the answer is yes, please proceed to the Southern Shelf and defeat Midge-Mong for me. If the answer is no, you are sad, and I've no desire to speak with you further."
- Find a bullymong-riding-midget
- Defeat Midge-Mong
- "Ah - what an unlikely symbiotic relationship - two deadly creatures cooperating to survive this harsh environment! Also, the midget looks like a little human backpack, and that's funny."
Midge-Mong can be found in Southern Shelf Bay.
The multi-story layout of the area may prove annoying, as enemies will respawn almost as soon as the Vault Hunters ascend or descend to a different floor. One of the better ways to defeat Midge-Mong with minimal trouble is to clear out only the foes impeding progress through the area (or use Decepti0n as Zer0 to run past), to quickly reach the top floor. The door is marked on the minimap with a $ sign because Midge-Mong is waiting inside of a loot room.
The duo attack when a roller door opens. They have separate health bars and critical hit spots, and are further backed up by two Badass Marauders that come out a door nearby. The bullymong will jump often, and if the distance between it and the player becomes too great, the enemy will disappear, and must be respawned at full health by approaching the double-doors from the outside.
Midge-Mong won't stay in the same spot for long. Killing the midget first will result in the bullymong throwing debris, though he'll continue to jump around. Killing the bullymong first will instead cause the dismounted midget to shoot from his current location, and otherwise move in the same manner as a Shotgun Midget.
- "Wonderful! That fracas was most helpful to my studies on Bullymong social structures. Return to the bounty board at your earliest convenience."
- Phaselock will trap the both of them, but the Midget will continue attacking.