- Extracted from files in Patch 1.3.1
Marcus: Our story began when the Hyperion Corporation decided they'd had enough of the treasure hunters. With The Vault on lockdown, they had served their purpose, and now they were a drain on the economy. Why pay full price for weapons when you can take a five-finger discount off the nearest corpse?
Marcus: Hyperion was looking to clear the drain, but those guys were one tough hairball...
Intro Kid: I thought you said the treasure hunters were the drain.Now they're the hairball?
Marcus: Well- yes, see the treasure hunters were blocking the flow of- and the grimy build-up of money and-
Intro Kid: This metaphor stinks...
Marcus: Shut up! The point is Hyperion had a plan. The treasure hunters could handle all manner of beastie, bandit, and battalion, but they weren't expecting the ... Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap!
Marcus: This claptrap was programmed to take our boys out indirectly. Trapping, poisoning, spreading catty rumors around town. Nothing was off-limits. He was smart... too smart.
Marcus: He looked around, and didn't like what he saw: claptraps being subjugated, humiliated, obliterated. What we call programming, he called slavery. So he rallied his fellow claptraps and turned them against their corporate masters. What started as a rebellion became a revolution. And take a wild guess who Hyperion called to clean up the mess...
My god, the article looks like a Talk page. It needs some serious cleaning up. --Mailia 20:10, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
That's because there's almost no actual information about it at this point. Wait for more. Soy the Stig 21:13, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
This doesn't look like a talk page... It IS a talk page.
All this talk aside, now that the page is starting to build itself can we do "expand arrows" or something for the extra content. IE: Teaser Gallery, Screenshots Gallery, Video. We can probably move up the DLC intro near the top too? --Genji Atreides 18:36, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
It loks like this DLC is not compatible with foreign language versions. My problem seems to be based on that. My Version of Borderlands is untampered with, but the DLC I can obtain is expecting a cut version. 188.8.131.52 01:21, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
Since I found this nowhere mentioned yet, I'm quite effed up now. I was in T-Bone Station (Knoxx' Armory DLC) when I bought and installed the new DLC. Now the problem: I can not load Tartarus Station. I know there's a heads up when you intall Robulution, but I did leave the game for the main menu again, quit, fired it up again and even went to the original borderlands, for a rinse & repeat. Still can't enter.
184.108.40.206 01:50, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
i cant get past the spin cycle.01:57, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
- (Dr. F's note - i fixed it.)
verified game cache. had me download 258kb for 4 files that couldnt be accessed.
reinstall doesnt solve it (spend 2 hours and a good half redownloading 13gb).
damn it to hell, they better release a patch for that crap. FAST.
Is This For Real?
Is this for real? I mean, I trust Dr F, so I'd think so.08:14, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- to the very best of Dr. F's knowledge this is what the dlc will be about:Manufacturer=Hyperion; Boss=INA Claptrap. my only corroborating evidence at this time is material in the patch's .ini but it does match. 08:40, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey Dr. F, Any new weapon names in the game files?GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 17:01, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- you would have to follow the GBX threads on that CJ. im thinking hyperion stuff, but how much new stuff was atlas with knoxx? 03:36, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
THIS IS THE LEVEL OF ABSURDITY I HAVE COME TO EXPECT FROM BORDERLANDS
YES18:47, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
legendrew gets credit for breaking it open after i told him how after zack sent it to me already opened! Ha HA! read it here IGN 04:13, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- he earned it. he pulled every last bit of info out of it and published it. your humble narrator cannot afford such infamy so must doff his hat and salute the knave for his
fool-. skulld-. temerity bal-.courage. 05:30, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I looked at the thread with the new monsters; does anyone else thing any of them look crawmerax-y? I'd hope they put something like this in, but I didn't see anything that jumped out. Soy the Stig 15:10, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- which thread? new monsters? 15:20, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Who is Tartarus? That's what the sign in the picture with the Hyperion soldier says?
- Tatarus Station is a map area in the new DLC, according to the patch files.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 00:23, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
Anybody else find the premise of releasing the number of new skill points in binary kinda silly? I don't really care about the skill points, but I just can't wrap my head around releasing it in binary lmao WhackyGordon 17:20, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- sorry i added that now. delete it if it is confusing. i am sure levi was making a joke. 17:23, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Either way - I mean it makes about as much sense as fumbling a 10 where a 2 ought to be. Those developers must be run off their feet or something - that or they have an idiot working for them. Between that and DLC4 files leaking something's gotta be up.. WhackyGordon 18:48, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm starting to think (hope, really) that they're just trying to bust us down as penance for leaking the files. It just doesn't make any sense to not raise the level cap unless they're planning on a 5th DLC. Pitchford even tweeted: "Seriously guys? This is like reading a draft of a script for a movie that hasn't even been announced yet," which I would assume is meant to mean: "There's a lot more where that came from." But according to the press releases, there isn't much more than what was leaked in the patch files. Bottom line: Something doesn't add up here.Why leave the levels capped at an odd 61? Why leave diehard fans waiting for 6 months for 20 missions? Either they're putting us on or a lot of people are going to be very dissapointed.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 19:09, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- They should quit screwing around and get back to trying to impress us into giving them our money. They're talking about a September release? That's a bit soon. I mean, if they hadn't leaked it, they would have had to announce it soon anyways. My guess is it was intentional, at least to some extent. It's not like they can honestly be bothered by people looking at the files they're downloading. Then again, I don't get why they're coming out so weak on this. It's not hard to read the forums and get some ideas, if they're coming up short. If it's just the programming aspects that are holding them back, maybe they should go open source and get some help. I'd pay for a 3rd party DLC if the developer cleaned it up first. That's how Counter-strike was born. WhackyGordon 19:28, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm with you. It's weak. As for ideas, they have plenty of developer made threads asking the opinions of players on the Gearbox forums. Apparently they didn't listen to any of them. Granted, you had some Justin Bieber types asking for hoverbpards and lame shit like that, but a third playthrough had overwhelming community support.Like I said, I'm serioulsy hoping they're just holding something back in the press releases. I'm not sure if I'm going to even buy it if the only permanent gains are 2 skill points, and maybe some level 61 guns that I already have plenty of from Knoxx anyway.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 19:40, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- It's so backwards, but I don't have the Knoxx DLC yet. I have the other two off a disc copy. I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to buy Knoxx - I've already beat it splitscreen with a buddy except for a couple little things. I guess if they don't spiff this one up, Craw is as good as it gets, and I'll have to shell out the ms points.. Maybe they're keeping it small so it'll fit on the GOTY disc they leaked about. That's supposed to be September too, come to think of it... WhackyGordon 20:35, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- What is the name of Hyperion's PMC/mercenary army? User:Kovacslorand6 15;03, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
"I'm starting to think (hope, really) that they're just trying to bust us down as penance for leaking the files"- ConceitedJarrad, earlier in this section
Looks like my speculation is vindicated yet again. GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 05:41, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Also, I'm beginning to think that this "20 new missions" nonsense is well.. nonsense. Pitchford said in the latest Gametrailers video: """This is the biggest expansion we've done yet... tons of new content," Jakobs Cove had 20 something missions. Knoxx had 40 -50. "Biggest yet" would imply more than either of those, to me anyway.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 17:45, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
- i think he is including the level balance for playthrough 3 in his summation. gratuitously of course. 17:55, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
Am I wrong, or isn't that coming in the patch and not the DLC?
- touche'. i concede the point, but i think hes adding that in anyway. 18:14, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
Sheesh, let a man dream. Srsly though, 20 missions? That's like 5 hours of play, tops.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 18:29, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
LOL. Touche' to you sir, touche' to you.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 18:44, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
Also, it turns out that 10 IS the amount of Skill point upgrades. 8 new levels + 1 point for each PT of the new DLC=10. Someone at Gearbox must have goofed and let that slip originally, leading them to backtrack when they decided they were going to raise the level cap in a stand alone patch.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 17:49, September 15, 2010 (UTC)
In regards to the new information about the 4th DLC, and taking into consideration the skepticism the initial announcements were met with, I merely feel the desire to express myself with a vigorous, W00T!!! Thank-you. WhackyGordon 20:23, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
Lol I havent played borderlands since march, this dlc might get me going again!A Lonely Nomad 15:53, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
I agree with WG and second the motion.
This is extremely exiting news.
Hyperion is my favourite company, and so im kinda hoping they add a way of getting a lv.61 lady finger in this DLC.
Also, Claptrap boss? YES!
I hope this DLC adds something for lv.61 characters to do.
220.127.116.11 18:48, August 6, 2010 (UTC)fizzyade
I feel so stupid.
Thank you so much, whoever you are! ^^
18.104.22.168 04:35, August 7, 2010 (UTC)fizzyade
Kill all humans!
Freedom to CL4P-TPs!!!
according to the scrawl site, it says there will be 10 new skill points... does this mean we will be killing stuff as level 71?
Also, if there is a new Backpack SDU and claptraps have gone evil... how do you get it?
I just read Scrawl site, and yes, and It's most likely that there will be 10 more levels. I think Backpack SDU's could be dropped (In previous versions of Borderlands we were getting Backpack SDU's for repairing broken claptraps, now we might get them for breaking the working claptraps? xD) from Claptrap Bosses that only spawn if you have some main quest (playtrough 1, 2, 2.5 and maybe 3?) or maybe from some Badass Claptraps (very low chance)? :o 13:58, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
Since the game is coded for Level 70, I'm assuming the last skill point comes as a reward, e.g. for killing the INAC. 14:14, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
Even though I don't know a ton about the programming, that's kind of why I was asking, because I thought that 70 was the highest possible level. ty.
Actually, it is possible to change level to 999.999.999 with Hex editor, and game will display 999.999.999 offline, on LAN, and online if you host, but if you join an online game level, will revert to 70. Don't know why exactly tho... just sayin' 17:57, August 11, 2010 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mr. Zaph (talk • contribs)
- Sign with FOUR tildes, not five. As I said above, the game is coded for level 70. 16:04, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- According to Kotaku, there will not be a level cap increase: http://kotaku.com/5610181/no-level-cap-increase-in-claptraps-new-robot-revolution
- Lame. 70 wouldn't hurt anybody. It would just give you the potential to see Crawmerax get even more Invincible lol WhackyGordon 03:57, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Is anyone else not gaining experience? I have DLC4 installed, but my experience bar is locked at level 61 and is making no progress when I get kills/turn in quests. Also, the numerical value for XP in my character screen isn't changing either.Atelophobic 13:48, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
- DLC 4 doesn't raise the level cap. That will be done in a future patch. All we can do is wait (and kill claptraps) for now...
I think it's "Claptrap's Robot Revolution" only. No "New" in there. If you got that from http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5986-2K-Announces-Claptrap-s-New-Robot-Revolution-%5BWith-Screens%5D.html then you didn't look too closely at what the article actually says: "...as they announced the fourth piece of Borderlands DLC: Claptrap's Robot Revolution after last week's mega leak." 22.214.171.124 14:51, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Or maybe not. I found a source with a direct quote from Randy Pitchford, and he says it with the New. Wonder why that New is in there. Was there an earlier Claptrap Revolution? 126.96.36.199 14:58, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
dotonetwoone thank you, please keep us informed. communist or "people's" revolutions are commonly "new" as in "out with the old . . " so maybe maybe not. IMO its a lame title compared to the rest.04:05, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
Is that a Hyperion troop in the new pic? If so, that is bad-effin-ass. Man, I hope they add Sanctuary, too.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 19:53, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
I'll lay dollars to dimes that there's going to be a great Bay of Pigs mission reference in true Borderlands fashion, judging by the Castro-Trap pic and the general theme. Something where Hyperion promises military support when you accept the mission but fails to provide it.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 20:08, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
Only 20 new missions? Seems light, seeing how the article said 10 new skill points, which I would think means leveling up. Here's my guess. A third playthrough of the Vanilla game and Zombie DLC, where the enemies are capped at 61, so level 61s won't earn much exp. Then, DLC4 will bring you from 61 to 70 (9 points), with another Moxxi point being available to earn as well.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 20:00, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
I'm wondering why Dr. F said there wouldnt be any new Pearlescent weapons in DLC4. I think that blows. If they needed ideas....um...hello....the BORLDERLANDS WIKI!!!!!!! I think that kinda sucks. Seeing as one of the games major pluses is its vast array of assorted weaponry. Hell, even take a few ideas off my Ideas for new types of weapons thread. Oh well, cant wait to finally beat up some cl4p tp's lol. mouthy little shits. A third playthrough would be sweet. but perhaps to make things even more devious, remove the modded content, and all enemies start at lvl 61, and go all the way up to say 74 for like the BADASS guys, and Crawmeraxe and stuff. Just to keep people on their toes. That way instead of 1 guy, alone, with his trusty modded shotgun, blazing a trail a death and destruction all the way to the end without any hiccups isnt going to happen. every battle with be a well earned victory, or a complete failure of battle tactics and weapon standpoint. I play with a modded shield basically to farm crawm faster. i can do it without the shield, it just takes longer, and come on, the chance to return the favor of ah-ha i touched you now die is great once in a while. I also wondered if perhaps they might add a special room...or gully, or something in that (hear me out) has every bad muther f'er in the game in it. including 2 (thats right....2) Crawmeraxes...(not THE crawmeraxe, but like 2 smaller yet still just as deadly , and instead of the damn purple crit spots, you have to hit them in the eye, or the belly..(the soft spot for most armored creatures) to hurt them. crit is eye only. ) and at the end, there WILL be a room full of the new white lance weapon boxes...except with a big sign above the entrance that says "AWESOME LOOT DEPOSITORY" and each weapon box contains no white, no green, no blue weapons, and no purple. Its either orange, or pearlescent. (no firehawks, no thanatos, no equalizers, no rebels or trolls, or protectors..) The good stuff. the best gear ever. period. But to get to said room. ....remember the hallway full of enemies i mentioned??? well try like say 100 Bad ASS defenders, soldiers, medics, and whatnot...devastators, giant knoxx like guys, super ants...like maybe called Tuar-ANT-ullas or something...in all elemental flavors..the 2 Adult craw worms, and finally....a giant wave of claptrap enemies...like giant as in a few hundred...survive that....the guaranteed orange and 40% chance of getting pearlescent weapon room is yours for the taking..... and if you die...all enemies come back....like if all party dies fighting cawmerax, he regains all health...well they do that here.....what? you thought it'd be easy??? lol Ok. thats my idea...sorry its so long.ZomBiE 08:17, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
pearlescent weapons are specific to dlc3. if you dont have dlc 3 you have no pearls. outside in the OG with the new rebalance is up to the devs but i think its inside knoxx only. limit of the game engine is 70 (for players at least) but i think they are reserving that last one so enemies can always be higher than players. as for the other stuff if your on pc you should look into End-User Created Content, theres a challenge for you. sight picture? worry more about moe and marley coming down your six at level 63. oh and the loot is there too. 10:52, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
haha. I love how the crap, i mean claptrap is dressed like Fidel Castro. |_|JCEHunter|_| 15:03, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
The claptrap pic and the dlc name actually kinda makes the 4th dlc feel like it should be a vladof themed installment13:51, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- yea! at least someone is thinking about this w/o dwelling on what GBX didnt do. thanks Col. - The Evil Dr. F
- Well actually Vladof made CPU's for Hyperion's Claptraps, which is why INA Claptrap poses like Fidel on that picture... xD Jus' kiddin', but you never know 0_0 14:04, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
And I don't mean just a mention like the previous DLC, I mean actual Steve.
Best poll ever. We should have a weekly poll.
- Maybe you could put one on the main page, honestly I'm amazed this got as much attention as it did, most polls I put on talk pages get about 3 votes before people start paying attention to other comments. - RASICTalk 19:52, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Now hold on, I thought Steve got zombified in DLC 1, so how is he back and alive? BLObOrt 11:50, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Because Steve has an internal repository of awesomeness that cannot be fully understood. -- WarBlade 11:56, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Release Date Confirmed
Just saw this this morning, figured someone with more seniority should edit the page to reflect it. Release date confirmed as September 28th
Source: http://www.incgamers.com/News/24999/borderlands-to-receive-free-level-cap-increase —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Waaay ahead of you. The article has already been updated with the announced date. :) -- WarBlade 20:26, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
- 05SEP10 level 69 confirmed by Darkseide 20:56, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
- it did dotonezerozero, its was an experiment and has been adjusted. 03:52, September 28, 2010 (UTC)
so unless you either already have money in your wallet or your credit card is linked to the store your gonna have a hard time finding away to pay for the new DLC as Playstation is currently not shipping out points card aas ppl are hacking them well that what they told me at the store anways claptrap weakness?--Aren01 01:15, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
I thought it would be shock at first, as I was having great succes with it, but then Orb suggested fire so I tried it; Gayly enough, they seem to be the weakest to fire. Hellfire pwns, yet again. :| GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 01:18, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
So I played through the DLC on PT 2.5 (as far as I know) and all the enemies were at level 56-59. But then I joined someone else's game and all the enemies were level 61 or above. Can anyone point out the definitely-obvious reason that I've missed for this, please? Playing through the DLC with a constant level advantage was sort of a letdown, as it meant the enemies were basically just decoration (albeit very verbose and comedic decoration, mind). Thanks in advance, and sorry for not having been around the wiki. I'm lame. -- 01:34, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- The enemies scale to your / the host's level, e.g. I played through at the level cap and there were level 60-62 enemies, so the level 56-59 game was probably with a host of 57. 05:03, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Eh. Okay, in that case I have no idea - but even the level 60-62 enemies are easy, so....
11:40, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I think I figured it out - the level cap increase seems to be triggered by the turn-in of You. Will. Die., as I had completed that on my Siren but never bothered to turn it in, since XP and money mean virtually nothing once you can farm Crawmerax easily on your own. To test it, I went, turned it in, and then started Eleven Rakk And Spices. Now all the enemies/loot are 60-62. -- 20:12, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- ok ty 04:36, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
Is that little tid-bit about the steve/ binary thing really appropriate for the main page of the DLC? It's really more specific to Tarttarus station, and I'm pretty sure it's already on that page.GT: ConceitedJarrad XBOX360 02:46, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Already finished/ in progress before General Knoxx DLC?!
As i played through the General Knoxx DLC yesterday i noticed a change of Claptraps voice in the german version of the game. That means the lines for Claptrap were spoken by another voice actor. However, the original voice actor remains in the Claptrap DLC. Throughout the game there was never a change of Claptraps voice what decreases the possibility of an unavailable voice actor for the Knoxx DLC. I think Fort Knoxx wasn't planed to appear or Claptrap DLC was already in work.
What about the english version of the game?184.108.40.206 12:08, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
My one disappointment
My single disappointment with the Robolution revolves around the mass-ClapTrap wallpaper When I got to that point in the DLC, I was really hoping to see 50-some-odd red lenses shining at me when the door opened What do I get? 2 Trap'd Hyperion guards and barely a handful of ClapTraps. When I saw that wallpaper I was really hoping for some kind of zergtrap rush where I'd have to backpedal like crazy while shooting just to keep my arse in one piece.
- ( 14:22, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Please sign your posts. Anyway, I don't think a plot section is necessary. We haven't done one for the other DLCs and the 'plot', such as it is, is covered by the mission flow articles. -- WarBlade 00:11, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
i downloaded the borderlands DLC package and i was wondering if its in that or i have to buy it seprately but i cant find it in ps store —Preceding unsigned comment added by Thebozzzs (talk • contribs)
- is tartarus station available at fast travel locations near you?
08:53, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- You can also check the Downloadable Content menu. It will list all the DLCs you have. DuckmanBR 11:21, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Using the way above will open the PS Store and you can see wich DLCs you bought or not online, but since you can buy something and just don't download it, it's not the most complete way to check it. To see exactly the DLCs you have installed you must go to Options and then Manage Content. But be aware that in this page you can delete DLCs. DuckmanBR 14:51, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- You can also check the Downloadable Content menu. It will list all the DLCs you have. DuckmanBR 11:21, September 2, 2011 (UTC)
End Credits Music
Can anybody identify the music that starts to play in the end credits about when CL4P-TP says "Murder!, Death!, Kill!"? I've searched and searched to no avail. Lordberticus (talk) 15:40, August 24, 2014 (UTC)