Taylor, and his weapon "The Roaster"
Hating each other since birth, Jaynis and his brother Taylor have never overtly fought one another; opting instead to employ poison, traps, and assassins to do the other in. This has only made them stronger and more clever as they try to outwit and over come each attempt made by the other on their life.
Eventually, Jaynis was able to wrest control of a town in Rust Commons East while exiling his brother. Taylor has since been plotting to have his brother killed and take control of the town and rename it after himself: Taylortown. He has followers of his own hidden among the population of New Haven such as Erik Franks.
Jaynistown Mission Chain:
- Jaynistown: Secret Rendezvous
- Jaynistown: A Brother's Love
- Jaynistown: Spread The Word
- Jaynistown: Getting What's Coming To You
- Jaynistown: Unintended Consequences
- Jaynistown: Cleaning Up Your Mess
- Taylor is armed with his unique rocket launcher and is guarded by two Bruisers and two Rocket Turrets. The initially tight concentration of enemies can make them difficult to fight as a group, but the bruisers can be separated and killed while sight lines to the turrets blocked by nearby buildings. The turrets themselves can then be destroyed with minimal threat from cover. Taylor can then be effectively dealt with at close range once his defenders are gone.
- It is possible to simply snipe him from a distance. This works especially well if the character is Mordecai with maxed Trespass, as the rocket turrets are severely weakened without shields, as is Taylor. Extreme range attacks with a rocket launcher also work well, since Taylor remains relatively stationary while shooting.
- Lilith's phasewalk is effective here as she can't be targeted while phasing. Siren characters are able to race into close range for a fast assassination strategy.
- A Runner with a rocket launcher can be used from on top of the rocks outside the towns main gate to blast Taylor if the turret can get a lock on him.
- Running out of the area once the fight has been engaged can sometimes make the turrets disappear.
- Taylor Kobb has a hacked, red-colored claptrap that has stripped down bandit armor plating. The claptrap will also speak like a bandit leading to some humorous lines. It is also the gatekeeper of the Trash Coast. The claptrap's dialogue may be a reference to assassin droid HK-47 from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.