|Terramorphous the Invincible|
Dream crusher, bone crusher. Terry is quite the versatile bastard, eh?
|Level||52 (Normal & True Vault Hunter Mode)|
63 (Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode)
Terramorphous the Invincible is a raid boss in Borderlands 2. It was conceived as a tougher follow-up to Crawmerax the Invincible found in the Secret Armory of General Knoxx add-on from Borderlands.
Terramorphous is an enormous unique thresher that is only accessible once the main story has been completed. Like other bosses, it can be fought multiple times and will drop different loot each time, including legendary items.
Terramorphous can be found in Terramorphous Peak which is only accessible via Thousand Cuts from a cave a short distance from the entrance. The cave is down a small walkway below the cliff edge and has a stone barrier and an altar that requires eight Eridium to proceed. Once the Eridium has been placed on the altar, the stone barriers will part and Terramorphous Peak can be accessed.
Upon entering the peak, head up the pathway until a large hole in the ground is reached. Jump down the hole onto the grate. The grate will open and deposit the player onto a wide open cliff area. A large ornate bone horn can be found overlooking the lake where Terramorphous resides. Blowing into the horn will summon Terramorphous.
In the distance a large gate with a vault symbol will open. Terramorphous will appear from out of the cave and the battle will begin.
- Main article: You. Will. Die. (Seriously.)
- Terramorphous can drop multiple items exclusive to him:
- Terramorphous can be seen from the waterfall area at The Bunker.
- Terramorphous was designed to be fought by four level 50 characters.
- Randy Pitchford has stated that one Gearbox employee has figured out a build in which he was able to solo the battle while publicly displaying the fight at the Gearbox Community Day.
- After defeating Terramorphous, occasionally his tentacles may still spawn and attack which can prove dangerous to those still looting him.
- When a player spawns Terramorphous, the one that is seen swimming goes under the map (Visible through noclip hacks). This is what causes players to hear Terramorphous even after he was defeated. This also causes his tentacles to still spawn after the battle.
- The flavor texts on the unique Terramorphous's loot that he drops (the Teeth of Terramorphous shotgun, the Breath of Terramorphous grenade mod, the Hide of Terramorphous shield and the Blood of Terramorphous relic) put in order make this poem:
- His teeth made them flee in shame,
- His breath was of fire.
- His hide turned the mightiest tame;
- His blood could inspire.