Not for use on toenails.
|Damage:||8 – 125|
Examples are on the talk page.
Special Weapon Effects
Don't drop it... might lose a toe. – +100% Melee Damage, Incendiary x1
Usage & Description
The Clipper is an average machine pistol that has a unique combination of abilities. It is the only weapon with an elemental effect and a melee accessory. The blade can stun targets while the elemental effect wears down the target's health.
The Clipper can be an effective weapon early on in the game, since it is acquired in Skag Gully, and the numerous skags in surrounding areas are vulnerable to both fire elemental and melee attacks. Despite only having a x1 elemental accessory, the Clipper procs quite often, making it a good incendiary weapon early in the game.
- Drops from Nine Toes.
- This is the only weapon in the game to have both a melee damage bonus and an elemental effect.
- The advertised melee damage bonus is glitched and has no effect.
- Even though it is stated in the official players guide that Nine-Toes believes his toe to have been used in voodoo practices by Bone Head, it is more likely The Clipper is how the Boss Character 'Nine-Toes' got his name; he dropped The Clipper on his foot.
- Originally, Nine Toes' weapon would have been (a now scrapped gun type) grenade launcher named "The Big Toe".
- Blizzard has paid tribute to Borderlands by including a dagger drop Easter Egg of the same name as an in their latest release, Diablo 3. The dagger may have variable stats, but contains the quote in its detail box, "Don't drop it, you might lose a toe". The mini-boss monster that drops this is randomly generated in Act II called "Nine Toads" with the annotation "Terror of the Borderlands".
The Clipper's effect comes from the TheClipper_acc5_Incendiary accessory. This part combines the effects of the acc5_Incendiary and acc1_Fanged parts, and appears as a blade attachment under the barrel. However, note that the melee damage bonus currently does not work. The unique material TheClipper_Material has lower accuracy like all Vladof materials, but it trades the traditional faster fire rate for faster reload speed instead. Please see stat modifiers for an explanation on how to interpret all of these modifiers.
Tech Level: +6
Tech Level: +6
Melee Damage: +100%
Reload Speed: -30%
Fire Rate: +44%