No, I said it first. No you didn't. Yes I did. No, you didn't! Yes, I did! No, you DIDN'T! Yes, I BLOODY WELL DID!
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Special Part(s): |
|[The Cradle Variants]|
Special Shield Effects
...to the grave. – When shield is depleted, the shield is tossed in similar fashion to other Tediore weapons to cause an explosion.
Usage and Description
The Cradle is a fairly low capacity, but fast charging shield. After the shield breaks, it gets thrown like a grenade, exploding with an Explosive Nova. A level 50 cradle will only deal about 5,000 damage making it ineffective on high level enemies, but a low level Cradle will work well on low level enemies.
- The Cradle can spawn with resistance to elemental and explosive damage.
- Kills made with this shield count toward the Boomerbang challenge.
- The Cradle's nova damage is boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- The Cradle's name and flavor text comes from a common saying, "From the cradle to the grave", which in this case, refers to the shield's disposable aspect once depleted.
- The Cradle is one of four weapons and items in Borderlands 2 to have unique white flavor text, with the other three being the Fibber, the Mongol, and the Unforgiven.