StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
The Empyrean Sentinel is the final boss in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It is an ancient, colossal humanoid with a multi-faced head created by the Eridians. Only its upper body is seen, the torso disappearing into the floor at the waist.
After the defeat of The Sentinel, The Empyrean Sentinel emerges from the floor of the Vault, releasing pillars of damaging energy as it rotates its first face towards the Vault Hunters. It then proceeds to unleash a powerful barrage of attacks against the Vault Hunters in a three-phased battle.
- Main article: The Beginning of the End
- During and after the mission The Bestest Story Ever Told, Vault Hunters can pay 5 moonstones at four totems outside the Vault's entrance. Entering the vault after all four totems have been paid will cause The Sentinel and The Empyrean Sentinel to be replaced by The Invincible Sentinel and The Invincible Empyrean Sentinel respectively.
- The Empyrean Sentinel has a chance to drop Eridian Vanquisher class mods for each character.
- The Invincible Empyrean Sentinel has a chance to drop the Black Hole shield, and the Longnail sniper rifle.
- As of the March 24th patch, the Empyrean Sentinel has a chance to drop loot items also assigned to Colonel Zarpedon and her Mech Suit, including heads and skins, The ZX-1 laser, and the Prismatic Bulwark shield.
"The Empyrean" is a reference to religious theology, wherein which it is the highest heaven (or in the case of Dante's Paradiso, the abode of God), following the theme of ascension present in most if not all Eridian enemies.