Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Find Mordecai's lost treasure chest
- Find Carson
- Pick up ECHO
- Free Carson from prison
- Pick up Carson's ECHO
- Find stash
- Dig up stash
- Survive three-way showdown
- "Years ago, Mordecai won the grand prize at Moxxi's Underdome. A little while after that, a thief named Carson stole the loot chest and hid it somewhere in The Dust. Mordecai has informed you that, if you are able to find Carson and figure out where the guns are buried, you can keep them."
- "Fortunately, you DID find Carson. Unfortunately, he was murdered by his cellmate, Mobley. However, you've found an important piece of info: Mordecai's stash is buried under a grave marked "unknown" in the flats."
The first objective in this mission is in the Goose's Roost area of The Dust. Southwest of Ellie's Garage, there is a large rock formation that can be used as a ramp to access this area.
The next objective is in Friendship Gulag. Being a Hyperion facility, this area contains many loaders. Carson's body is in a cell where another ECHO indicates a jail break situation, but rather than springing Carson, the person who broke in had come to kill him instead.
The next objective is on Boot Hill, an old church site with a small cemetery on one side. Mordecai's treasure is in one of the unmarked graves. Mobley emerges from the church after the chest is uncovered, and Gettle, a Hyperion treasure hunter, will also arrive. Both of them want the treasure chest, which leads to a three-way Truxican standoff. Both must be killed to complete the mission. The easiest way to do so is to simply retreat down the hill and let one of them (usually Gettle by virtue of the shield) kill the other, then to finish off the remaining weakened goon.
- "Of the three treasure hunters searching for Mordecai's lost chest, you emerged victorious. Good on ya."
- Although this mission is typically taken when the Vault Hunter returns to Sanctuary following its relocation, there is a narrow window between completion of A Train to Catch and the removal of the power core in Rising Action where the mission can be obtained from the Sanctuary Bounty Board at a much lower level.
- The mission name is a parody of a Spaghetti Western film title The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, which also involves a treasure buried in a graveyard.
- The first objective is to Find Carson. Bill Carson was the name of the man who stashed the treasure in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.