StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
|The Man Who Would Be Jack|
|Rewards||4 Eridium, 9869 XP|
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Rewards||4 Eridium, 7416 XP|
|Previous||The Once and Future Slab|
|Next||Where Angels Fear To Tread|
|Mission Type||Story Mission|
- Go to Opportunity
- Kill Jack's double
- Pick up double's pocketwatch
- Use info kiosk
- Get more voice samples: 0/4
- Retrieve voice modulator
It is generally a good idea to get some powerful corrosive weaponry, as there are many loaders in Opportunity. Jack's Body Double has a relatively strong shield, so shock weapons can be helpful as well.
When triggered, Jack's Body Double will try to make a run to the nearby base (close to the nearest info kiosk), if he succeeds, he will occasionally launch a flare of a Hyperion logo to the sky, summoning reinforcements and prolonging the fight.
When the body double is killed, the pocketwatch will drop. Angel will then request some audio samples from kiosks scattered around the city. They are marked on the minimap, and all that needs to be done is to press the button. Once all the samples have been collected, the data can be uploaded to Angel.
The upload station entrance can be hard to find. It is located to the southwest of its marked location - approach East from Waterfront District, or South from Hyperion Office Complex. When nearing the door, a HOT loader will open the door and walk out, the upload station is inside on the right.
- "With the pocketwatch in hand, Brick's buzzards on your side, and an upgraded Claptrap back in Sanctuary, you are now ready to storm Control Core Angel and get the Vault Key.
Turn In: Roland
- Mission Item: Jack's Pocketwatch - "A replica of Jack's pocketwatch, which -- aside from giving you full security clearance -- will now act as a voice modulator, letting you speak with Jack's voice."
- The pocket watch is a reference to the watch stolen in the beginning of The Man Who Would Be King a short story written by Rudyard Kipling and a 1975 film with the same title.
- Played characters will speak with Jack's voice once the data is uploaded, until they opened the security door during Where Angels Fear to Tread , including Zer0's haikus.