StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
The Meriff, real name Huxter T. Meredith, is a character from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
Huxter was originally working for Hyperion, under Jack's division. At some point, he made a deal with the Lost Legion, and started to sabotage Hyperion's moon base, in exchange for money and power. He took control of the spaceport Concordia, claiming both titles of Mayor and Sheriff, which he combined into "Meriff".
When the Vault Hunters get to Concordia, Jack suggests them to go look for the Meriff. However, they are locked out of his office, so they have to look for help from Moxxi. While fixing up the transmitters for Moxxi, they discover that the Meriff has been involved in sexual activities with a geisha bot named Sereena. Later, after defeating Red Belly, and disabling the jamming signal at Crisis Scar, the Vault Hunters and Jack discover that the Meriff was working for Colonel Zarpedon all along. They then proceed to confront him at his office. While Jack initially has no intentions to kill him, he then changes his mind after the Meriff tries to shoot him from behind.
- "Good people of Concordia, this is your Meriff -- heh-heh! -- with a reminder. I'm watching you. Always. Yes, even then! Hahahaha."
- "Citizens of Concordia, this is the Meriff thanking you for your slavish, unquestioning obedience to the rules."
- "This is the Meriff speaking. Remember, we remain safe in Concordia because we ALL do our part. I know I do, and I know which of you DON'T! That is all."
- "Hello boys and girls of Concordia, this is your Uncle Meriff. Remember, kids: you get double rations for dobbing in a relative! Who says subversive activity can't be both fun AND rewarding? Hahahaha!"
- "This is the Meriff reminding you that distributing subversive materials is punishable by death and expulsion from the city onto the moon's surface. Not necessarily in that order, either. Hah!"
- "This is the Meriff thanking you for your patience while Concordia remains in lockdown. Not that you have a choice, but I do think it's important to say thanks."
- "Hello Concordia, this is the Meriff. Let's take a moment to remember our dear friend Ken, who passed away when he was eaten by torks after being ejected from the city for TREASON! Please, don't be like Ken. Do what you're told, and DON'T. ASK. QUESTIONS!"
- "Hello folks, the Meriff here. Just a friendly reminder that trying to bypass the city-wide lockdown will result in severe consequences, up to and including banishment. That's right, try to sneak out of the city, and we'll THROW you out! Heh!"
- His title, "Meriff", is a combination of the words "Mayor" and "Sheriff" which he admits sounded better in his head.
- On his title card there are three latin words however only one word is visible "Avarus" which is a masculine adjective meaning "greedy, covetous". The third word has only three letters visible "cal". The word might be "calamistratus" meaning "lazy, effeminate".