StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
|The Once and Future Slab|
|Rewards||$86, 5789 XP,|
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Rewards||$1,475, 5348 XP,|
|Next||The Man Who Would Be Jack|
|Mission Type||Story mission|
The Once and Future Slab is a story mission in Borderlands 2.
- Take Roland's note
- Go to Thousand Cuts
- Survive initiation
- Deliver note
- Follow Brick
- Destroy mortar beacons: 0/3
Upon reaching Thousand Cuts, players are greeted numerous bandits as well as buzzards. The buzzards provide a frequent source of harassment that impacts on shield recharge, and therefore present a priority target. The section right before Brokeface Bridge often has a few badasses and goliaths.
Once inside the stronghold, the Slab King takes the Vault Hunters for new recruit, and sends in a welcoming party: a 4-5 wave bandit assault. The Slab King reveals himself as Brick once the Vault Hunters have survived the initiation, and inducts them into his Slab gang.
After Brick agrees to help Roland, Handsome Jack pulls a surprise mortar attack on the Slabs, with loaders. To halt Jack's attack on Thousand Cuts, players and Brick must destroy the mortar beacons guiding the mortars. Upon approaching each mortar beacon, red targets appear where a mortar will soon strike. Brick approaches each mortar beacon in turn and breaks the shield, leaving them vulnerable to gunfire. Each destroyed beacon will unleash progressively tougher waves of loaders.
- "With the Slab bandit clan on your side, destroying the Hyperion bunker that defends Control Core Angel should be relatively easy. Emphasis on "should."
- Mission Item: Roland's Note - "Roland has asked you to deliver this note to the Slab King."
Turn In: Roland
- Roland's note reads, "IOU One world saved -B" (Can be seen by standing close to it to help eliminate the bloom.)
- The title of the mission is a reference to what L'morte d'Arthur claims to be the inscription on the tomb of King Arthur: "Hic iacet Arthurus, rex quondam, rexque futurus", popularly translated as "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."