CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
|Given By||Jakobs Cove Bounty Board|
|Rewards||10079 XP, $9520|
|Rewards||22464 XP, Artifacts|
|Previous||There May Be Some Side Effects...|
|Downloadable Content||The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned|
|Mission Type||Optional mission|
The Pack requires you to head to Generally Hospital and clean up another one of Dr. Ned's messes.
The antidote Dr. Ned was working on based on skags hasn't worked out quite the way he planned. It seems that it has some unfortunate consequences. Most notably turning his test subjects into Wereskag.
Head to Generally Hospital and hunt down the four named Wereskag. The previously blocked section of Generally Hospital zone is now open . This is where the four named wereskag: Whiskey Wesley, Bigfoot, Redjack, and Father Jackie O’Callahan can be found. Once they have killed, head back to town.
- Find and kill the members of the pack.
- Whiskey Wesley killed: 0/1
- Bigfoot killed: 0/1
- Redjack killed: 0/1
- Jackie O'Callahan killed: 0/1
- "Dr. Ned here. Seems like my antidote from skag blood didn't quite have the intended results. You're lucky you survived your encounter with the so called Wereskag. I wish I could say he was the only one, but the other test subjects seem to have formed a pack and are terrorizing the coastline by the old hospital. You should really take care of them to avoid the spread of that disease as well. Man, sometimes I wonder if maybe I should have been a villain instead of an NPC."
- Move further along the coast line and some metal huts can be seen with corpse eaters perched around and skelerakks circling over head.
- Don't be surprised if Redjack charges out of nowhere and attacks. Simply move backwards away from him and shoot his mouth when he roars. He can regenerate up to full health in a matter of seconds. He has the usual special attacks of bosses (slam, knockback).
- Move forward slowly and try to fight each of them one at a time.
- Whiskey Wesley is a blue wereskag.
- Jackie O'Callahan appears as a large wereskag near the northern end of the beach.
If playing as Mordecai, have a decent sniper rifle equipped. Taking down these four is very simple. There is an elevator that the player can activate in the map, that can be taken advantage of. First, make sure that the elevator is on the same level as the character being played, for quick access. Then, find one of the four bosses, shoot at it once (make sure to get its attention) and move back to the elevator. Get to the elevator as quickly as possible to avoid taking too much damage. Once in the elevator, activate the switch and ride up to the top of the cliff. The boss will be stuck at the bottom of the elevator, giving the player a chance to have a little fun. Wait for the boss to roar and shoot its mouth. This will score critical hits until it is dead. Proceed to find another boss and repeat the process.
- "Thanks for that. At least now the wereskags won't kill all the zombies... and become a bigger problem. Yeah. That's what I meant."
Each of the members of The Pack have a high chance to drop an Eridian Artifact. The Pack respawns and can be farmed for Eridian Artifacts by killing them, saving, starting the game again, then reentering the game to try again.
Don't shoot him you'll just piss him off!
Knocking any of the pack down to half health triggers a regenerating metamorphosis which heals them and heightens their damage resistance (though possibly lowers it towards fire). Shoot to kill.