The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is the third in the series of downloadable content packs for Borderlands. Gearbox Software first announced it on January 21st, 2010, stating that it would be "the largest DLC for Borderlands to date" and would provide "new challenges and opportunities for growth for characters from around level 34 to level 50." It was released for Xbox 360 on February 23rd and for PC and PS3 on February 25th.
- $9.99 USD/£6.99
- £5.99 GBP
- $11.95 AUD
- 52.95 DKR
- 70.00 SEK
- 800 Microsoft points
- $9.99 USD
- $12.99 USD on Steam for Australia/New Zealand
- £6.30 GBP on Steam for United Kingdom
- 6.99 EUR on Steam
This DLC can be accessed using the fast travel system and heading for the starting location of T-Bone Junction.
- Continuation after completion of the original Borderlands story arc
- Can be played on 1st and 2nd playthrough
- Increased level cap by 11 levels
- New gear: weapons, shields, class mods, grenade mods
- New environment with several new areas
- More animated NPCs
- New enemies
- Three new vehicles: the Monster, the Racer, and the Lancer
- 44 new missions
- New Achievements and Trophies
- New, larger Crimson Lance Chests
- "More Scooter" (Vehicles and character)
- Increased backpack capacity
- Pearlescent (Before General Knoxx) rarity levels fixed to orange (actually fixed in Patch_1.3.0), a new official pearlescent rarity added as cyan.
- Secret bosses scattered across the DLC
The three new vehicles are as follows:
- Monster, a monster truck similar to the one driven by Mad Mel. Fires three homing rockets.
- Lancer, an APC capable of carrying four characters, as it has a gunner seat (with a two-stage laser), a minelayer seat, a driver seat, and a blast seat.
- Racer, the fastest vehicle with a single rocket launcher (similar to the one on the original runners) and a spoiler.
The Secret Armory introduces some new non-player characters (NPCs), and brings back several previous characters.
The Secret Armory introduces new enemies including:
@GeneralKnoXX on Twitter
The new areas are all located in the Parched Fathoms, a dried up lakebed home to T-Bone Junction as well as other areas.
- T-Bone Junction, a new friendly city, also the starting point of this DLC and the only map with a Fast Travel New-U station.
- Two roads lead out from T-Bone Junction: one to the Crimson Tollway, one to the Ridgeway.
- The Crimson Tollway - The long road controlled by the Crimson Lance, who have set up a roadblock.
- Moxxi's Red Light - Mad Moxxi's residence in this DLC.
- Crawmerax's Lair - Home to Crawmerax the Invincible.
- Road's End - An extension of the lakebed, the Crimson Lance presence here is stronger as the road ends at the Armory.
- The Ridgeway - A highway built through ridges of cut rock, in the opposite direction from the Crimson Tollway.
- Main article: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx/missions flow
- Main article: Achievements#The_Secret_Armory_of_General_Knoxx
The Xbox 360 achievement list was revealed, with the following achievements associated with The Secret Armory. They are also the same for the PlayStation 3.
- Sucker born every minute - Paid for a worthless tour of the world's largest bullet
- Completionist - Complete all missions in Secret Armory
- Ding! Overleveled to 11 - Reach Level 61
- Ding! Overleveled - Reach Level 51
- Speed Kills - Destroy a Lancer while in a Racer
- Sneaky Little Buggers - Kill each of the loot midgets
- Vincible - Kill Crawmerax the Invincible
- Depot Demolition - Destroy the Lance Depot
- Athena, Out - Rescue Athena
- Making a Monster - Build the New Car: Monster
By "Mutagen" (source: gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com)
- The title of this DLC is a reference to Fort Knox in the U.S., which is synonymous with an impregnable fortress or building.
- In The Secret Armory of General Knoxx logo there is a small 61 in the lower-right corner. This represents the maximum reachable level of this DLC.
- The level increase, by the unusual number of eleven levels, is a reference to the potentiometer dials of Nigel Tufnel's guitar amplifier in the mockumentary, This is Spinal Tap, apparently to give it "that extra push over the cliff".
This is section of preview screenshots and videos, until they can be better integrated into their respective topics.
- ↑ The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced! (gearboxity.com)
- ↑ http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/556/33/
- ↑ http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/563/36//
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Tweet by @mikeyface (twitter.com)
- ↑ 
- ↑ New Achievements for 3rd DLC (gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com)
- ↑ Borderlands Achievement List (xbox360achievements.org)
- The Secret Armory on promo-site (borderlandsthegame.com)