CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
|Special Part(s): |
|[The Transformer Variants]|
The Transformer is a legendary absorb shield manufactured by Vladof. The Transformer is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Pimon located in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
Special Shield Effects
There's more than your eye can see. – Chance to absorb enemy bullets. Immunity to electrocution damage-over-time effects, and Shock damage recharges the shield.
Usage & Description
Although the Transformer does not have an exceptional bonus to absorb chance, it may be highly useful in situations due to its ability to recharge from shock damage. In particular it is effective when fighting loaders and surveyors because of their electrical bolt attacks.
The Transformer can have a bullet absorption chance of up to 42%. This is lower than a Purple Vladof shield, which can have a an absorption chance of up to 48%.
- Some sources of shock damage will still deal damage to the wielder, notably shock barrels and projectiles fired by Badass Shock Skags.
- Certain unique shock weapons, such as the Thunderball Fists and shock Splatguns, can be used to recharge The Transformer.
- The total amount of absorbed shock damage from a single source cannot exceed the total shield capacity; any surplus damage will be subtracted from a character's health, bypassing the shield completely.
- Enemies with shock damage tend to not exceed the shield capacity in a single shot or attack (provided the item level of The Transformer is on par with the enemy level). However, Vault Hunters are still susceptible to harm from shock damage that exceeds their total shield capacity; most notably Badasses and weapons capable of friendly fire like shock damage grenades and rocket launchers, and unique shock weapons.
- For an Anarchy Mechromancer, this can turn a shield recharge strategy with weapons such as Thunderball Fists into an involuntary suicide strategy as Gaige gathers more and more Anarchy stacks.
- The Transformer is one of the twenty items unlocked through use of a SHiFT code included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The caption printed on its card reads "Warning: in 99% of tests, this shield did not morph its wearer into a truck.
- The name and Red Text are a combined reference a cartoon series rebranded by Hasbro in 1984 called Transformers. The slogan for Transformers is "More Than Meets the Eye".