Thinking is the title of a group of common shotguns in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. They are manufactured exclusively by Hyperion and features the narrow single (Hyperion's) barrel.
Usage & Description
They gain increased accuracy from having a Hyperion barrel and expend one ammo per shot, granting them an efficient cost effectiveness of damage output for ammo used.
- Heart Breaker – Unique incendiary shotgun that fires more projectiles in a heart shaped pattern, carries +50% critical hit damage, and converts inflicted damage into health for the wielder.
- Conference Call – Legendary shotgun which fires five projectiles (per shot) that split into multiple projectiles upon hitting a surface.
- Interfacer – Seraph shotgun without penalty while aiming down the sights which fires projectiles that flare out in a horizontal spread before reconnecting with their "parent" projectiles.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Company Man – Unique shotgun with greatly increased magazine size (up to 3x higher than a same-level Thinking), and moderately increased damage.
- Viral Marketer – Legendary corrosive shotgun with decreased projectile count which projectiles fired ricochet off surfaces.
- The variants of Thinking in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel commonly spawns with Hyperion's new-style materials and prefixes which are the same as in Borderlands 2.
- In addition to the Thinking, a variant of this weapon exists in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as the Delivery, made by the "old" Hyperion.
- The Thinking is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Customer Focused Thinking;" however, "Customer Focused" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.