Threshers are creatures that appear in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Threshers are stubborn, tentacled creatures that come in many different sizes and colors. Threshers tend to live in soft ground, especially along ocean shores or river beds.
Threshers are long-bodied with a large, bulbous head perched upon an octopus-like body with several long, spindly tentacles sprouting from just below the head. Threshers vary in size from several feet long to fifty or more. Threshers' critical hit zones are the several small eyes on the side of their heads, and similar (albeit much larger) organs on their tentacles. Being well-anchored in the ground, threshers cannot be uprooted by Maya's Phaselock, and will instead take damage from it. When killed, a thresher's corpse will slip back down into its hole and out of sight.
Thresher Units (Borderlands 2)
Thresher Units (Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel)
- Thresher blood is green, as shown when shooting a thresher's critical area.
- If a Thresher's tentacles are shot off they can re-grow.
- In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, it was revealed that the Threshers originally came from Elpis, and two of them were brought to Pandora at the request of Sir Hammerlock. He also named one of them Terry, which might explain the origin of Terramorphous the Invincible.
- Hammerlock also mentioned the Threshers' penchant for slapping, suggesting that the other Thresher he received might eventually become Old Slappy.
- Hammerlock originally said the Threshers wouldn't grow too big in size; yet at least one of his Threshers managed to grow into a humongous beast, far larger than any other Thresher.