StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
"THERE came a Soldier marching along the high road—one, two! one, two!"
|Special Part(s): GD_Weap_Pistol.A_Weapons_Unique.|
Special Weapon Effects
Good for starting fires – Always fire elemental. High elemental effect chance. Projectiles travel in a low parabolic arc.
Usage & Description
The Tinderbox has almost no real power when it comes to general combat, with the exception of its high incendiary chance. However, the weapon can spawn with the "Dubble" prefix, effectively doubling its damage output.
The Tinderbox always spawns with the Dahl barrel.
- Common drop from Captain Flynt. It appears to have a very high chance of dropping.
- If A Train to Catch is active, a Tinderbox will drop after shooting the head of the snowman located in the southern area of Tundra Express, next to the vending machines. Once it is picked up or the quest is completed, it will not appear at this location again.
- The gun is given to the Vault Hunter for use during the mission Clan War: Trailer Trashing but is taken back when the mission is turned in.
- A tinderbox is a small container containing flint, firesteel, and tinder (typically charcloth, but possibly a small quantity of dry, finely-divided fibrous matter such as straw), used together to help kindle a fire.
- The Tinderbox's projectiles gradually drop off after traveling for a distance in the manner of sparks being struck with a flint and steel.
- Dropped from Midge-Mong on Day 7 of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the gun's magazine size.