StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Treants are animated tree-like beings in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.
Treants are slow-moving trees that appear exclusively in The Forest in the DLC, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. There are two types of treant, Elder Treants and Stumpies. The Elder Treants are large and resemble a fully grown tree, albeit having a face and legs. They also have several blue spheres orbiting their branches. Stumpies are smaller, effectively just a tree stump version of a treant. They have arms and legs and move at slow, lumbering pace. Stumpies vary in appearance, from having an axe embedded in their head, to a fern-like plant sprouting from their head.
Being made of wood, treants are vulnerable to incendiary damage. Elder Treants are very slow, but are capable of a powerful ground-pound attack if an attacker gets too close. They are also able to cause three bulbous plants to sprout from the earth. These plants always form in a straight line and are slow to grow to full size. The plants act as proximity mines, dealing corrosive damage to any enemy that gets too close. However, due to the slow speed at which they grow, they are fairly easy to avoid. Elder Treants have one final attack that only occurs when they die. The blue spheres orbiting their branches suddenly fly away from the dying Treant and home in on their attacker. The orbs cause considerable shock damage and can swiftly deplete most shields. The orbs can be destroyed though by gunfire. Stumpies are extremely easy to defeat, having only a melee attack that deals marginal damage. They can be easily brought down from a distance.
- Treants are hostile to everything and will attack orcs if close enough.
- The blue orbs Elder Treants possess are capable of seeing through Zer0's Decepti0n action skill.
- Elder Treants will usually drop green or blue-rarity weapons, though there is a chance they will also drop The Bee amplify shield.
- Stumpy kills do not count toward the Cheerful Green Giants challenge. Only Elder Treant kills do.
- Treants do not register critical hits from certain weapons, including plasma casters and the arc-shot version of Fibber.