Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Examples are on the talk page.
Special Weapon Effects
Flee the wave – Shock and Corrosive x4, oscillating rounds, ricochet once. Increased accuracy.
Usage & Description
The Tsunami's combination of elemental affinities compliment each other well, especially considering the type of enemies it is typically found from. It's a powerful SMG that alternates between no elemental effect, and x4 shock and corrosive elemental effects. Its shock element works well against taking out shields, while corrosive works well against any armor a unit might have. While normally having to swap between 2 different weapons to deal with shielded or armored enemies effectively, just empty a magazine on the target to destroy it. It is very effective against regular Crimson Lance units. It should be noted however, that Crimson Lance do come in shock and corrosive varieties, and the Tsunami will not do well against them.
- The only legitimate prefix is 'Cobalt'.
- Bullets randomly fire in one of 3 ways:
- The Tsunami will always have a x4 Shock multiplier listed on the item card, even though it deals both Shock and Corrosive damage.
- Despite its elements, its muzzle flash is that of a fire weapon.
- Rounds fired from the Tsunami move noticeably slower than normal bullets.
- Although it possesses a small tech pool, limiting its procs, this limitation can be largely bypassed with a Siren's Spark skill and Tormentor Com or Roland's Shock Trooper Com
- The "Flee the wave" text is an anagram of "feel the wave," a common surfing phrase. Whereas a small wave would be an opportunity for a surfer to ride, a tsunami would be a good reason for him to flee.
The Tsunami has a chance to drop from Badass Desperadoes, Badass Engineers, and Badass Infantry. Like all Pearlescents, the Tsunami can also be dropped from Crawmerax and found in Crimson Lance weapon chests.
The Tsunami derives its effect from the acc3_Maliwan_Tsunami accessory. It provides tech, increased accuracy, and increased damage. The Tsunami is made of MaliwanTsunami_Material, which is the same as Material_Maliwan_3. For an explanation on how to interpret the information on the following table, please see the stat modifiers page.
Tech Level: +12
Tech Level: +6