The Tunguska is a pearlescent aftermarket rocket launcher manufactured by Torgue. The Tunguska can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source, but has a higher chance to drop from legendary loot midgets and 010011110100110101000111010101110101010001001000.
Special Weapon Effects
It will split the sky in two. – Extremely high damage, increased blast radius, very slow reload. Fires in a parabolic arc similar to a mortar. On impact, rockets deal minor damage, rise a few feet into the air, and explode.
Usage & Description
The Tunguska deals massive damage across a considerable radius, but its effectiveness is reduced by the fact that significant damage is delayed by the projectile's unique behavior, rising into the air after impact before exploding. The damage listed on the card is dealt by this secondary explosion and not by the initial rocket.
However, as it consumes two ammo per shot (and launcher ammo is scarce) and is somewhat difficult to use, there are still better choices available despite its rarity. Most legendary launchers are capable of similar or greater damage output with less risk to the user.
This weapon's immense main blast can easily cripple the Vault Hunter if shot too carelessly due to the considerable blast radius. The initial damage blast also might cripple the Vault Hunter if they are already low on health, however it can be effective at securing second winds since the huge radius of the main blast is likely to hit smaller enemies, whilst not affecting the downed Vault Hunter.
- The Tunguska's initial projectile deals damage equal to 1/10th of the explosion damage if hits an enemy.
- The Tunguska is the most valuable weapon in the game to-date, with high level versions being worth several million dollars.
- The name and flavor text of this weapon reference the Tunguska event, a massive explosion caused by an airburst of a meteorite or comet fragment near the Tunguska River in Siberia in 1908. Eyewitness reports of the explosion stated that the meteorite "split the sky in two."
- The Tunguska is one of two first-generation Pearlescent weapons to have a unique skin, the other being the Butcher.
- The Tunguska's material is shared with the Unkempt Harold.