Special Weapon Effects
Putting trouble on the run. – Fires a cluster of spherical projectiles that quickly transform into a tornado over a short distance. Always shock.
Usage & Description
Shock is the only available element for the Twister. As a result its greatest functionality comes from interacting with enemies with shields. Due to the nature of the weapon its optimal range matches that of most shotguns with lower accuracy. However, due to the Twister's unique spread pattern, a majority of the projectiles will find their way to larger enemies after the projectiles take on the more narrow, tornado-like formation.
- Twister, Greed, Cobra, and Stinkpot are the only Jakobs weapons that spawn with an elemental capacitor.
- The red text comes from a Sam Cooke song called "Twistin' The Night Away", which goes: "Here they have a lot of fun putting trouble on the run"
- When used by Zer0, with a point in the B0re skill, the individual projectiles can strike the same target more than once for heavily increased damage, owing to the swirling tornado-like path of the spread.
- Dropped from Woundspike on Day 19 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on the day increased the stats on the weapon.
- Splash damage dealt by the Twister counts as grenade damage, and can also activate Blood Bath.
- Therefore, skills that increase grenade damage boost the Twister's damage as well.