I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another.
|Special Part(s): GD_Gladiolus_Weapons.Pistol.|
|[Unforgiven (Borderlands 2) Variants]|
The Unforgiven is a Pearlescent pistol manufactured by Jakobs. The Unforgiven can be obtained randomly from any loot source, but has a higher chance to drop from legendary loot midgets and 010011110100110101000111010101110101010001001000.
Special Weapon Effects
It's a helluva thing... – High damage, very low fire rate (compared to similar Jakobs pistols), increased accuracy, 75% critical hit damage (hidden). Very high recoil, even compared to other Jakobs weapons, and extremely slow accuracy recovery.
Usage & Description
The Unforgiven is an extremely powerful pistol, fitting the true definition of a hand-cannon. It boasts excellent damage and accuracy stats, coupled with unrivaled critical hit damage (among pistols). However, its fire rate is very low for a Jakobs pistol, making it more suited to mid-to-long range combat. That said, it is an exceptional weapon for taking out enemy critical spots, and a variant with a long-range scope is a very viable alternative to a sniper rifle.
- The skin of the weapon doesn't differ from of that to a purple-quality Jakobs pistol.
- A Two-fer Unforgiven is less effective at longer ranges due to the unpredictability of the second round's deviation, but can instantly slay most enemies if both bullets are critical hits.
- With a "Trick Shot" prefix, projectiles can bounce on surface.
- The Unforgiven is one of several weapons returning from Borderlands with a different rarity.
- The Unforgiven is one of four weapons in Borderlands 2 to have unique white flavor text, with the other three being the Mongol, the Fibber, and The Cradle.
- The line "It's a helluva thing..." comes from the 1992 film Unforgiven, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood. The full line is "It's a helluva thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."