Duping requests will NOT be tolerated on this talk page.
|Archive 1 - Sept 2009 - Aug 2010|
|Archive 2 - Sept 2010 - Oct 2010|
|Archive 3 - Nov 2010 - Feb 2012|
|Archive 4 - Mar 2012 - Nov 2012|
|Archive 5 - Dec 2012 - May 2013|
|Archive 6 - June 2013 - Aug 2013|
|Archive 7 - Sept 2013 - Dec 2013|
|Archive 8 - Jan 2014 - Aug 2014|
|Archive 9 - Sep 2014 - Dec 2015|
Character zero weapon slots
i have a level 27 zero and only has 2 weapon slots . Ive read up on other blogs about this certain problem and people just say that you will get them once you start playing the game more . Im just wondering if maybe i have glitched the game and have to restart . If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated .
- The story missions that offer the SDUs are:
- If you've gone past those missions, then yeah, you have a problem, but but with such a minimal amount of information to go on I can't really offer any further advice. -- WarBlade (talk) 07:41, January 10, 2015 (UTC)
Lunar Launching Station
I noticed that the link i made for one of the vault symbols in the Lunar Launch Station was deleted. I would like to understand why and what i can do better so this doesn't happen.
- I don't recall removing any links. -- WarBlade (talk) 05:58, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
Then there is a problem. I left only one screenshot unlicensed, the first one i posted. After i learned how to and that it should be done, i did that. I made sure there was a license attached and they were categorized. I am not sure how the last 3 or 4 screenshots got published without these.
Pages that have yet to be created
Heyo, basically brand-new to wiki editing, but since there's a lot still missing in these pages for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel I figured I'd try to pitch in, since this is my go-to source for most stuff related to the game. I recently added a couple bare-bones articles for challenges in the Veins of Helios since none had a page with even a rudimentary description. I tried to copy the style as I've seen throughout the wiki, and have been working on getting locations/strategy specifics to add to the articles.
I noticed that the articles were removed (to your credit, promptly) and wondered why? I would have thought that having something of a stub instead of no description at all would be useful, but if I have to have a full guide to all of the locations before I can post anything about what must be done to complete the challenge... well, I'll see when I can eventually get around to getting all of the locations recorded and uploaded I suppose. If they were removed for some other reason, please let me know.
- They were a bit below borderline. Two sentences apiece conveying information that is obtainable at a glance within the game isn't really helpful, the reason being that there is no information on the page that a player wouldn't know already. The point of an article is to have something that is both searchable and informative. Meanwhile a red link on another article pointing to a yet-to-be-made article is helpful to editors in providing an indication of a hole to fix. Addressing the red link only by adding a sentence or two removes that indication, leaving people to assume there is a valid article in place when the reality is that it isn't. -- WarBlade (talk) 06:05, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
Hi I wanted to start the achievement-list for Bl:TPS, but I can not finish it at one session, can I upload pictures for it without using them instantly? Can I start the table without finishing it completly? E.g. I play on Pc and do not know how much Points I get for some achievements.
- In the case of images it would be best to upload on an as-needed basis. As for the table, yes, a partial table is fine. -- WarBlade (talk) 05:09, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
- That's an awkward question to answer. VisualEditor is currently in beta release, and has some shortcomings in what it can and can't do. The classic rich text editor did have table support, although the editor in general was horrendously buggy. Source is my preferred editing environment personally - it doesn't cause all the problems inherent with the other two. -- WarBlade (talk) 19:27, January 15, 2015 (UTC)
Hello WarBlade. My name is, for courteous purposes and simplicitys sake, Marcelo. Today I had noticed that many pages for the skills of, "Fragtrap" have recieved no information for people to read. So, in an attempt to help people, I created a page with as much information that was needed for people to fully understand the skill, and weigh in if it is worth getting it or not. As well as attaching class mod pages to get the full use of the skill. The pages then ended being around a paragraph in length excluding the class mod area. I had used the community posting guildlines while typing them, and posted them when I saw they seemed to have fit. I did forget about the first and second person guildline for which I apologize. After about 3-4 skills posted, I then noticed you had edited them. I assumed there was a slight error with my post, which I was O.K with. However, when I went to check the post, it had turned out that you had changed them to an extreamly uninformative sentance on to what the skill was, but not what it did. I hold no grudge againced you, but I would like a reason behind the change, and if we may find a middle ground on to what to change them to.
- Articles on the Borderlands Wiki aim to be informative, and one thing we've always done to be informative at a glance is to standardise articles with common infobox templates. Each article of a particular type should ideally resemble other articles of the same type. The template you need for new skill articles is Template:Infobox skill, and I recommend reviewing a number of Borderlands 2 skill articles to get an idea of how they are generally structured. -- 20:55, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
Asked a question for future reference.
Reference for future editing
Greetings Warblade, I just wanted to get a little clarification to help me continue my early days editing the Borderlands wiki and by extention, others. As you are probably aware, a few days ago I expanded upon the Kraggon (species) page, which was soon undone by you. The way I had set the page up was (or so I had thought) based on the current page for Skag - namely a link to individual pages, with a brief description on the main species page. Was the expanding undone due to me including links to the many non-existant Kraggon pages, or something else? I had thought the brief two-sentence description I could concoct would be better than creating another dozen tiny stub articles.
Thanks for your time, this info will help me greatly as I learn the ways of the wiki.
- We've moved away from trying to compile multitudes of enemies onto group articles. It was something that started back when Borderlands had no DLCs, and despite my advice that it was going to create a categorisation mess further on down the track, that paradigm had enough support to stick... until things got exactly as awkward as I'd said they would. The Borderlands-era Skag article is a remnant of those early blunders. By contrast the Crimson Lance article came to provide a yardstick of how a group article worked out well. -- WarBlade (talk) 19:44, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
Hyperion soldier (borderlands 2) page needs attention
Hello I was wondering if you could work on the page Hyperion soldier (borderlands 2) it has been an article stub for a long time in need of attention. These enemies are seen throughout a majority of Hyperion areas and are seen as a common enemy. this page needs attention and I would be very grateful if you were to look into it maybe add a picture or two. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jaraldostar (talk • contribs)
- With roughly a thousand article stubs, among the several thousand other problems to sort out, I simply cannot go around fleshing out stub articles on request. Feel free to research and update any subjects that you think you can contribute to. Thanks. -- WarBlade (talk) 09:33, January 26, 2015 (UTC)
The Fall of Fyrestone
- The Borderlands Wiki aims to be an authoritative source of information regarding the Borderlands games, and their spin-offs. By all means, if you can come up with a worthy article, then feel free to do so. -- WarBlade (talk) 09:35, January 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I was just wondering if it was Canon, as I have not been able to find any info about it.
- The first chapter seems very different then the actual game. (Borderlands 1) Zippit (talk) 10:40, January 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I have given you my answer. "Bump" is not an appropriate follow-up question. Please don't do it again. -- WarBlade (talk) 09:41, February 4, 2015 (UTC)
Need help understanding how to upload photos
Hello I would like to contribute to the add on content page by adding pictures of the dlc's titles to the pre sequel dlcs as there are none yet. the rest of them have the titles from the dlcs. I tried to upload one from Google images and it said "permission denied" I'm a bit new to this and I would like a bit of help to understand why.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Jaraldostar (talk • contribs)
- Why not start with a bit of text formatting first? It's one thing to upload images, but it's equally important to know how to position them. -- WarBlade (talk) 19:20, January 29, 2015 (UTC)
Hello WarBlade. Thanks for the greeting. Actually not new to the Wiki. I had to take a hiatus due to some personal health issues. Cant for the life of me get my old account to work, but that's probably because I haven't been on here for a long time. My user name used to be lynne1984, I was a greeter as well. So I just made a new profile. Im a bit rusty. Aphrodite84 (talk) 03:28, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Welcome back. If you want your old account back up and running you will need to put the request to Wikia Staff. Use Special:Contact -- WarBlade (talk) 06:35, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry,didn't ment to add false information about Maggie,didn't do it by purpose.I thought "ricocheting bullets" is default property for Maggie :/.Have a nice day... —Preceding unsigned comment added by Waterway1 (talk • contribs)
"Previous" in the Mission Infobox
For the future, how am I to understand "Previous"? I thought it'd mean that you need to complete the quest instead of just being on it. Because I know for a fact that this mission is available as soon as you enter Vorago Solitude, and you can complete it while still being on "The Beginning...", so I'd rather say Eye to Eye would be the better candidate.
Apologies if I made any mistakes in this talk, I'm still new to this wikia stuff. Regards and thanks for a valuable resource!
- I put that in because it is the last story mission needed to unlock access to The Don, which as you correctly point out is available upon reaching Vorago Solitude. In such cases, mission completion is not necessary - it's just for area access. There are quite a few entries like that around the wiki. If there is a direct precursor optional mission then that covers the previous mission adequately, and there's no need to mention the story mission, otherwise the story mission to access the zone is fine. -- WarBlade (talk) 22:25, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
RE:Character Appearance Sections
- Perhaps try not adding random notes to tell me that you're not going to overload me. -- WarBlade (talk) 00:22, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Borderlands Fandom Wiki
Excuse me, i know your busy but i was wondering if you could help me with my buddys and i's fandom wiki about borderlands. we just need more pages and info. if you think you could help thnk you. heres the link "http://borderlands-fandom.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_Fandom_Wiki"
- It's not something I can dedicate time to. Sorry. -- WarBlade (talk) 00:22, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Heya, saw your post on my "Talk page", thought I'd take you up on your offer.
What do you think of my post [Here]?
(If link doesn't work, I'm editing it as you read, learning how this system works XD)
(Okay... uh... how'd this end up here? Shouldn't it have started a new... GAH, hate being incompetent, sorry)
- The update on the Talk page appears to have a bit of an issue with your formulas getting lost in the text. Maybe boxing them up with div tags and borders might be a better look? -- WarBlade (talk) 00:22, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Warblade, just a quick question, as I don't have the rights to do this myself.
Shuggurath's and Rathyd's are new enemies in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, correct? As such, shouldn't they appear within the 'Enemies' section for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on the wiki's home page? Sorry if this is a pointless question, it's just something I've noticed and keep thinking about when I come onto the wiki.
- Possibly. But the whole front page is due for a radical redesign. The kind that would wipe the multitude of individual links and replace them with links to categories. -- WarBlade (talk) 22:23, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Undelete request: File:2015-02-14 00001.jpg
Hi there. File:2015-02-14 00001.jpg which you deleted was a variant of Emperor that I added per the rules on Emperor/Variant Chart. Adding the categories should have been an easy task imho but generally, a short notification before deletion would have been nice. Regards SoWhy 21:14, March 29, 2015 (UTC)
- There is a notification on the upload screen, which you have presented to you before even navigating to a file to upload. -- WarBlade (talk) 21:23, March 29, 2015 (UTC)
I have posted on the talk page as to why Zer0 is agender, with sources
Me again about Zer0
Hi, it's me again. I have now realized that my previous edit was grammaticly incorrect because I failed to conjugate the verbs along with the change of pronoun and I understand the deletion of that edit, but I noticed that someone has correctly edited the page with correct pronouns and agreeing verb conjugations, but I you still deleted that edit. Is there a reason for that? Because Zer0's pronouns are canonicly 'they,' as stated by multiple devs, including Anthony Burch before leaving Gearbox Ehaydon16 (talk) 01:22, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I made it clear in my update summary. The disputed additions need to be taken to the talk page where there is a discussion in progress. -- WarBlade (talk) 01:34, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, and we have disputed it. There are sources clearly showing that Zer0's pronouns are they/them. There is literaly nothing left to dispute. Ehaydon16 (talk) 01:37, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
I noticed that you deleted the two images of the Shield of Ages shield that were on the wiki and added the Shield of Ages page to the category of pages missing item image. Was this intentional and was there something wrong with the images? The one that was on the article itself had been on the wiki for a while and the screencap I took of the level 70 variant was, well, just a screenshot, so I'm wondering if I should re-upload one or both and attach them to the article so that it's no-longer listed in the category of articles needing item images. There are already two screenshots available for the item, so I don't want it to be on a list where it might get any unneeded priority for something it already had.
elegy for mot 16:02, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Please ensure that you comply with this wiki's image policy. You will have seen the basic requirements summarised in the three bullet points on the upload page right under the the word "Attention!" -- WarBlade (talk) 20:26, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
It's a big change, for sure. From our angle, we're trying to merge two goals: we want to make tools for Wikians as simple and powerful as possible, and we want to make sure that we're well-ahead of the curve for our shared mobile future. We're taking mobile quite seriously, because by every measure that's where the growth is.
That's also why we're carving out time and energy internally to help with the transition. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but this is only our first step, too.
This a really high-quality wikia. That's why we want to start taking our first steps here - we want to showcase the best that Wikia has to offer.
Thanks for volunteering Penny Dreadful! Is it OK if I give my team the go-ahead to do some infobox work on it?
As for the infoboxes here on Borderlands: yep, it's a big change, no doubt about it. In terms of positioning ourselves for the future, though, it's a leap we have to make. Here is an example of what the team's been doing thus far. We're sticking as closely as possible to the original intent and design of the infoboxes.
We'd love your permission, and I'll answer any and all questions for you before we touch a single thing. I will also volunteer to make a GIF of myself dancing around with a Nerf gun as an incentive.
- I've hit a snag with another contributor who has a history of edit warring, and this relates to infobox fields. Let me just see if I can get that one ironed out, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. -- WarBlade (talk) 05:24, May 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm keen to move ahead on Penny Dreadful. I've updated the infoboxes there now to a fairly consistent design (instead of the three or more designs we had).
- And as for the Borderlands Wiki, I'm okay with moving forward, if a bit more cautiously. The infoboxes here are inconsistent. There is a general style that they all follow...
- Most are standard
- Template:Infobox weapon and Template:Infobox weapon2 are more complex with additional template calls.
- Template:Infobox character has been deprecated, and need not be updated.
- Template:Character is an entirely different beast. That one is a full page template rather than an infobox.
- -- WarBlade (talk) 20:57, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- And as for the Borderlands Wiki, I'm okay with moving forward, if a bit more cautiously. The infoboxes here are inconsistent. There is a general style that they all follow...
- Sure. :) -- WarBlade (talk) 01:42, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
Hey I have an image for the Athena Blindside skin File:Blindside.JPG but I don't know how to add it without messing everything up, since you added the other skins should I just send you the image and you can make the edit? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Legomyego1010 (talk • contribs)
- A couple of things:
- Firstly, please sign your edits on user talk pages.
- Regarding images, when uploading images the upload screen has a few bullet points of things to do for housekeeping reasons. Images should have a license template selected - usually "screenshot" for most of the images here, and they should also have a category, eg. Category:Skins as an example for the one you uploaded. Without these things, your upload is likely to get deleted. If these things, and adding images, are too difficult you might also consider assisting this wiki with more rudimentary text edits until you get an understanding of image protocol and positioning. Thanks for asking. :) -- WarBlade (talk) 05:24, May 27, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I left a message on CRobinsonNZ's talk page but probably should have put it on yours:
"The Challenge page (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Challenge) is edit protected, probably a smart thing with that much work involved in making it, but I have some missing details for it. For BL:TPS the Grinder challenges 'This Time for Sure' the last level is missing, the levels go 10,25,150,300,750. Also for 'Greater than the Sum of its Parts' the levels go 20,50,75,125,200. Sorry I don't yet have the missing details for 'The Daily Grind' as finishing the two former challenges has been such a pain I have to have a break from the grinder for a spell." --ShaddowAU (talk) 05:56, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
- The edit protection is just a temporary soft lock. If you find a few other things around the wiki to help supply data to, you'll find that the Challenge article will unlock for you soon enough. -- WarBlade (talk) 06:27, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Editing Butt Stallion
I was going to edit Butt Stallion, stating it is possible to farm her using a second account and exiting without saving. It won't let me add things because it is protected. Is this worth adding, or is it common enough knowledge that it isn't worth including?Kgk4569 (talk) 17:57, July 17, 2015 (UTC)
- It's a pretty minor thing to note, to be honest. -- WarBlade (talk) 21:10, July 19, 2015 (UTC)
Page information/New Editor
Hi War Blade, I'm relatively new around here. I just wanted you to know that what I add regarding the weapons has been backed up with testing and weapon effect charts. I also have no problem with any changes you make, and I can see what you mean with the info on The Bee on the Sand Hawk page. The only reason I added that it was game breaking, is bacause you can kill Terra in about 2 minutes alone with a Incendiary Sand Hawk and The Bee, if your using Maya. (there is a similar note on the Fibber page)
Anyway, moving on from that, has this wiki thought about adding charts like these?
These are basically the most effective charts I've seen on the internet and I feel it is much easier to read than what we currently have listed on the Borderlands 2 Weapons page. Unless of course we don't want everything listed here, and if it would be considered plagiarism. Otherwise, we could add the info to the Weapons page. Just food for thought.
- /u/Zikel has said that he would like to see these on Wikia. Citation. He's still around, though not active in the Borderlands community of late.
- Personally, I want to see BL2 pages similar to our BL1 parts mechanics pages, but obviously I haven't done anything. Zikel once told me that he had the parts images broken out for that kind of use. Dämmerung 08:22, July 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, tabulated information is not really my thing. Sure I can help people format data if they need assistance, but my focus with these kinds of games has been from a more skill-centric and tactics position than with weapon and damage mechanics. If you can work such technical matters together with other contributors here, and to the benefit of this wiki, then to me that sounds like a good thing.
- Regarding the "game breaking" nature of the Bee, it looks like you got the gist of what I was saying in the update comment in that the Bee is basically a powerful amplifier on any weapon, and therefore isn't really notable as such on a particular weapon. We've had quite a few notes like that spring up about the Bee, and it's more of a standard trait with that item than something particularly notable on other weapon articles. The other thing is the concept of "game breaking," which being a euphemism is the kind of thing I try to steer people away from writing here. We try to maintain an authoritative information source here, and that information is read by people with English as a second language, so I try to aim for content that is both formal in writing style, and with a low level of euphemism - because making ourselves understood is more important than lacing text with cultural expressions that might be lost in translation. ;) --WarBlade (talk) 10:21, July 26, 2015 (UTC)
I want to help the wikia because the lack of pages for bl:tps is repulsive, but i don't know how to do easy templating, mind helping? also i was wondering; are we allowed to do usage and strategy on skillz? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Aleccat1 (talk • contribs)
- Hi, I get a bit stretched between wikis, so apologies for the delayed reply. Help is certainly welcome, especially in the lack of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel content. Regarding "templating", is there something missing, or something specific, that you need assistance with? And yes, usage and strategy is perfectly valid information to supply. Note that we ask editors to phrase text in the third person when writing article content (that tends to slip in things like strategies). -- WarBlade (talk) 10:21, July 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, a "Usage & Description" section? Sounds fine to me. -- WarBlade (talk) 04:31, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
- What template are we missing here? Or what template you trying to use fails to achieve what you want? -- WarBlade (talk) 22:04, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, your terminology threw me off there. I think you're saying you're having trouble filling in the template fields? Images can be a little tricky. Our older templates (most of them really) need "File" or "Image" in the field, so for most of the templates an image named ColdGun.png could be added as File:ColdGun.png, for example. The images don't need any of the [[ | | ]] brackets and pipes normally used for image calls, are all centred by default.
- I can't be much more help than that without know which editing interface you're using. Personally, I edit in source view. You might edit using VisualEditor. So if you can tell me which editing mode you're using I could offer more specific advice. -- WarBlade (talk) 11:05, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
Example of what I would like to do
Hey WarBlade, Its SSB again, I tought I would start working on a little experiment, but don't want to keep working on this until I get more opinions on it, including yours. Using the charts I showed you, I converted them to wiki format and the end result looks like kinda like this: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/User:Supersonic_Boy/Sandbox
So...Do you like the design?...Are you even interested in the idea? (I know your said your not big on mechanics earlier) I would like to hear your constructive criticism as well as your peers, if I can. Obviously, I would re-adjust the pictures and update them, make all the logos the same size to make it look nice, and add the missing logos (Bandit logo was too long, so its not present and e-tech will have the logo on the chart), but this is what I can make without changing anything on the wiki. (The word "Spiker" and "Dart" are also links just so you know and clicking the brand (picture name) will take you to the brand page ) Also, these are filled with the chart data, which appears to be contrary to the information listed on the wiki currently. If you hate it...well I understand that too and will cease their production, but I think they're pretty neat.
We’re reaching out to a few of our top communities, hoping to get you on board with the migration to the new infobox markup. And we have tools to help!
Why we’re doing this
Simply put: Most current infobox structure translates very poorly to mobile experiences, and indeed any device that doesn’t use desktop-style displays. On desktops and laptops, they often look amazing. The problem is that Wikia’s traffic is trending mobile.
There is an important graph from our forum post about infoboxes a couple weeks back, and I want to share it here as well:
Mobile is the future. Not just for Wikia, but for the web as a whole. Take a look at the recent trends and future growth predictions for mobile traffic - it's staggering.
We partnered with the Wikia community to create this new markup to make sure that your hard work can be displayed on mobile devices (as well as any future technologies) easily and without any new coding conventions. It’ll take some effort up front, to be sure, but we’re here to help, and the work you put in now will pay for itself tenfold in the future.
Tools we’ve designed to ease the process
We’ve enabled two new features on your community. One is a tool for migrating the “old” infobox code to the new markup. It identifies templates on your wikia that look like infobox templates and places a box on the right rail of the template page. When you click the “Generate draft markup” button in this box, it opens a new tab containing a draft of your infobox using the new markup.
The second is a new feature on Special:Insights that will highlight which infoboxes on your wikia have not been migrated to the new infobox markup. It’s fairly intuitive - you can click on the infobox title link itself to see the old markup, or simply click the “Convert!” button on the right, which performs the same action as the “Generate draft markup” button.
This is our help page for the new markup. I’ll help get things rolling by converting a template or two as an example if you’d like me to, as well as watching this forum post for any questions.
- Uhh, yeah. Andrew beat you here by several months. Dianafa ported a couple of them, leaving a minor mess for me to fix on one, and the end results were still not that great so we put the breaks on. The fields are still exhibiting bugged break points on titles. Downloadable content is still rendering as:
- e content
- ...on my desktop (Chrome and Firefox tested). So I'm currently of the opinion that the new infoboxes need kinks worked out before I'd be comfortable rolling them out further on the Borderlands Wiki. Here's Andrew's blog - feel free to follow and chime in. -- WarBlade (talk) 06:55, August 1, 2015 (UTC)
Almighty Robot Policeman
Heyo. I'm a bit of a new sprout here editing the wiki so I apologize and thank you for tolerating my many messups, heh.
Either way, just need a bit of help; just saw you undo one of my additions to Wilhelm's page about the Almighty Robot Policeman. Did I put it somewhere I shouldn't of? I don't know, but whatever I did wrong, I want some help finding where to put that piece of trivia, because I know a claptrap mentions The Almighty Robot Policeman as well.
Just curious, is all. Any help is appreciated.
[EDIT] Just thought I'd add this source. It's a canon in-character Twitter. It was when Jack was taking over it, pretty sure.
- Trivia is something of a touchy subject on this wiki. Because of the huge pile of pop culture references in these games we have had to take a sledgehammer approach to trivia notes (see: Borderlands Wiki:Trivia policy|trivia policy]]). Additionally, the Almighty Robot Policeman dialogue appears to be something from Claptrap, and given the characters involved I can believe Wilhelm sardonically mimicking that and making light of it. So the assertion that he believes in it becomes awkward, and not really something to publish as trivia (unless a Gearbox writer confirms the assertion). -- WarBlade (talk) 21:51, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Might I mention the Dunks Watson mission? He says directly that, "And I wanna give a huge thanks to my deity The Almighty Robot Policeman. All praise to the prime directives."
- Here's another source just for giggles.
- I don't care either way, but it's safe to assume he does worship the guy, considering he mentions the dude two times before the Claptrap even mentions it on Helios.
- Leaddybum (talk) 02:01, August 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Because you have failed to review our image policy (with key points summarised on the upload page every time you upload). When uploading, please ensure that a licence template is selected and the image is appropriately categorised. In addition to that, please do not use camera shots of a TV screen for variant charts - such images are poor quality and will be removed eventually when replaced, or people simply reject them for quality. -- WarBlade (talk) 20:20, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Warblade, I would like to apologize for wrongly editing Tina's wiki without fulling understanding the rules of editing (It won't happen again). But I was wondering on Tiny Tina's wiki it says that she has a crush on both moxxie and maya. Recently Antony Burch comfirmed that Tina is in fact a lesbian on his ask.fm and also on his twitter. I was wondering if this will be added to her wiki? (If you looking for proof I can screenshot the question and him[[Click to Continue > by WA| confirming]] her orientation.) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Hoplight242 (talk • contribs)
- Hi Hoplight242, any trivia additions[[Click to Continue > by WA| relating]] to external content must be accompanied by a link to help validate the information you are trying to convey. Failing to provide a link will, more often than not, result in the removal of the trivia note. -- WarBlade (talk) 10:35, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Hi again warblade ,
- Here is the link to a tumblr account with a screenshot of antony burch confirming it on twitter:
- Let me know what you think if it good enough proof for it if not I'll just ask him on his ask.fm and send you a link when he responds.
I've been creating a couple of pages for Aurelia's skills, and plan to create a bit more. The way I do this is to use the Source Editor, and copy/paste content from an existing skill page to put together the new page. I noticed that in the part of the code where the infobox is, all the line breaks would disappear, and I don't know how to fix it. It seems that's what you would modify later (aside from anything else), so my question is: how do you keep the line breaks after each line in the infobox part of the code when using Source Editor? Is there anything else I should keep in mind? Just want to save you the trouble of following and fixing all the pages I would create in the future. Thanks.
- Hi Ablake, please avoid copying from existing article pages where possible - you could be copying and spreading an unwanted problem. The infoboxes we use here have blank templates structured for source editing (eg. Template:infobox skill). You simply need to copy from there and paste it to the page you are creating. I don't know why line breaks would disappear - source editing is usually the most trouble free mode to edit in. The other thing you were doing was manually adding categories, but these are supplied by the infobox templates based on the data entered into the infobox. In other words, they're automatic. -- WarBlade (talk) 10:35, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
- So what you did in the pages I created recently was to go into source editor and put enters after each line? It seems that's what you did when I check History of the pages. If so, that's weird. I just created Cold Advance, and the line breaks would still disappear. I've tried manually adding everything (using the "Insert" dropdown to insert the Infobox), and copying just the Infobox from Template:Infobox skill, but the problem persists. Ablake (talk) 14:10, August 25, 2015 (UTC)ABlake
Hey WarBlade - thanks for your post on my page. I've been pretty out of it for a while, so it was nice to come back to a friendly post. This is a great wiki. It's nice to see that so many people still like Borderlands! I'm going to get the Pre-Sequel soon, so that should be nice. Borderlands 2 is a probably one of my favorite games, so I guess I should probably thank you for keeping this wiki up and going. It's my main resource for the game. Actually, I think I'm on this wiki more than I'm playing the game :P. Anyway, if you ever need any cheering up or something, just ask! See you around!
I also had a question :P Do you know of any good Little Big Trouble builds for the Mechromancer? I want to make one, but I can't find any online >.< thanks!
Adding Images to Skill Tree Page
Hi Warblade, I just uploaded all the remaining icons for Nisha's skills, but I can't seem to figure out how to add them to her skill tree page (Nisha/Skill tree). Could you tell me how? Is there some sort of special procedure to do this? Thanks a lot.
Well what I usually do is to click Edit then go to Source Editor. I can't say I understand what this "field collapsing" is exactly, since I also notice there's no line breaks between fields in several other pages. But fine. I'm done.
So I've been editing this wiki recently and I noticed some things that I would like to fix myself but it seems better to discuss it first, only I don't know where to discuss it so I ask you.
Is it ok if I change the word "common" for "typical" or "regular" in all the manufacturers' infoboxes (borderlands 2) since common refers to white rarity only?
Also and most importantly, the infobox weapon2 has a redundancy. The fields "rarity" and "color" are the same thing, and it adds automatically the category creating an unnecesary duplicate category for some items (Category:Green with Category:Uncommon and Category:Orange with category:Legendary). I was thinking about just ignoring it and fixing the articles where this happens and the template's doc, but seems like fixing the template itself is a better option
By the way, isn't seraph supposed to go after legendary? As the game itself states it, when you buy from Crazy Earl, the pink follows the orange, ultimately cyan of course. I can also edit this while I'm in the infoboxes
Also, my signature does that
- Can you refrain from playing with your signature on my user talk page please? -.-
- With regards to the "Common" issue you'll have to start a blog and hammer out what to do with the masses here. As for the infobox, I'm inclined to agree. I've been puzzled by those entries in the past. -- WarBlade (talk) 20:16, September 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Ok... But playing? No, every time I press the sign button or add the tildes it automatically does that. Shouldn't it by default just put your name and talk page in plain text when you don't have a signature subpage? If yes, looks to me like a bug with this wiki.
- Actually, you know what? I just discovered that items that are unique but not orange nor higher fall into two distinct categories ("blue"/"purple"/"e-tech" with "unique"). So that second field is useful just for these items. I'm just gonna go ahead and simply improve the template's documentation as well as remove double categories from the non-just-unique articles.
I was wondering if you had an opinion on this site being included in the new gaming footers? We'd love for the Borderlands community to be included!
- Cool. Hook us up. I see you have this wiki listed down under Shooter. I think it fits RPG slightly more appropriately, but shooter is about the next best thing if there are space constraints.
- Y'know, now that I think about it, are you involved with doing these for TV series / movies / books as well? I admin on three other other wikis that could benefit from footers like these. -- WarBlade (talk) 20:46, September 24, 2015 (UTC)
More redundant stuff
The template Template:Character and Template:Infobox character are redundant but more than that, I think the first one is bad because it comprises the entire article wich feels wrong in its own, but it also makes editing more complicated, does not allow to include tables and there is no edit button for each section since they're not actually existant. This doesn't seem to be a big deal with smaller articles, but only those.
Also there seem to be redundant categories in some places like for example: Category:Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty and Category:Appears in Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty. What do you think of all this? - ☩Damërung ☩. -- 22:51, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
- Template:Character was implemented to prevent all the random additions and style changes that were springing up on character articles. Yes, it comprises the entire page, and that is by design. Template:Infobox character was the old one, and is now deprecated. As for the categories, they are not redundant - categories have frequently been misapplied, and that was another reason why the full page character template was introduced. -- WarBlade (talk) 02:45, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
I do not know who to tell, but I found a pressing issue. If you visit borderlands wikia pages (I tried it on the legendary page, home page, and several character pages) from a mobile device, in my case an iPhone, you are often (tried 10 times, got it 6 of them) given cookies by malicious adware sites including adking. Once given, whenever you click on a link anywhere, before it loads, one of several strange and likely malicious URL's will quickly flash in the address bar then go away after redirecting you to your origional destination. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Petra Arkanian (talk • contribs)
- Hi Petra Arkanian,
- Please use the Special:Contact form to submit a report for Wikia staff to review. Thanks. -- WarBlade (talk) 04:25, October 7, 2015 (UTC)
Infobox format collapsing after adding images
I just came across the conversations you had with Ablake over skill info boxes and how their formatting would collapse when adding images, regardless of using the source editor or copy and pasting from the skill template itself. I just realized this has been happening to me as well after seeing the cleanup work you did to an article I edited earlier today. After some testing I came up with a cause and solution.
The issue stemmed from the user preferences in my account, specifically the ones for editing. The VisualEditor was selected as my preferred editor, which I changed to the source editor. After this change, adding an image to a skill infobox didn’t cause the formatting to collapse like it had been doing. Apparently, the mere act of having the VisualEditor on when initiating a page edit triggers the issue, even if the source editor is switched to for the actual editing. --Maniacal Mutton (talk) 22:30, October 10, 2015 (UTC)
- That's an interesting observation. Thanks. I'm still puzzled about how the VisualEditor tags are appearing in page histories. Every one of Ablake's edits were tagged as VisualEditor, despite the assertion that source editing was used. Looking at your sandbox history today I see four edits tagged as VisualEditor edits, a further five apparently as source edits, then another from VisualEditor. Curiosity question: Is that an accurate portrayal of the editors used? Or were there any source edits (from switching to source from VisualEditor as the default) tagged as VisualEditor? -- WarBlade (talk) 00:06, October 11, 2015 (UTC)
- The sandbox edits marked as source were done with the default set to source editor. However, I just tested the scenario where VisualEditor is the default editor, an edit is initiated, source edit is used to edit, and than the page is saved. It tagged this edit as having been done with the VisualEditor, since you cannot publish directly from the popup source window when the edit was started with VisualEditor. -- Maniacal Mutton (talk) 00:45, October 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I thought that might happen. Thanks again. :) -- WarBlade (talk) 09:21, October 11, 2015 (UTC)