Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Vault Hunter's Relic is a unique relic manufactured by the Eridians. The Vault Hunter's Relic is one of the pre-order bonuses given out to all players who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 or bought the Mechromancer Pack.
Increases the chance of finding rare loot by 5%.
For illustration, percentages for multiple players and different play modes will be different. Based on loot percentages provided here
|Rarity||% Before Relic||% After Relic Applied|
- The wording of the effect is subtle and somewhat misleading. For each Vault Hunter's Relic present in the game, the procedural generation algorithm which creates all the loot in Borderlands 2 decreases the weight emphasis of its Common table (by 0.05), which increases the likelihood of all rarities (although as rarity increases the percentage gets drastically smaller). In layman's terms, 5% of loot that would have been white instead gets a free upgrade.
- The Vault Hunter's Relic cannot be traded or dropped normally. If swapped for a relic on the ground with a full inventory, it will disappear.
- Multiple Vault Hunter's Relics do stack their effects in cooperative play, but the effect is negligible.
- If the Vault Hunter's Relic is lost it can be replaced by creating a new character and transferring the newly created relic at Claptrap's Secret Stash in Sanctuary.
- It is impossible to obtain a Vault Hunter's relic with a higher or lower loot chance.