"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
The Vault Hunter's Relic is a unique relic manufactured by the Eridians. The Vault Hunter's Relic is one of the pre-order bonuses given out to all players who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 or bought the Mechromancer Pack.
Increases the chance of finding rare loot by 5%.
For illustration, percentages for multiple players and different play modes will be different. Based on loot percentages provided here
|Rarity||% Before Relic||% After Relic Applied|
- The wording of the effect is subtle and somewhat misleading. For each Vault Hunter's Relic present in the game, the procedural generation algorithm which creates all the loot in Borderlands 2 decreases the weight emphasis of its Common table (by 0.05), which increases the likelihood of all rarities (although as rarity increases the percentage gets drastically smaller). In layman's terms, 5% of loot that would have been white instead gets a free upgrade.
- The Vault Hunter's Relic cannot be traded or dropped normally. If swapped for a relic on the ground with a full inventory, it will disappear.
- Multiple Vault Hunter's Relics do stack their effects in cooperative play, but the effect is negligible.
- If the Vault Hunter's Relic is lost it can be replaced by creating a new character and transferring the newly created relic at Claptrap's Secret Stash in Sanctuary.
- It is impossible to obtain a Vault Hunter's relic with a higher or lower loot chance.