Venom is a Tier Three talent in Lilith's Elemental skill tree. It makes every melee attack Corrosive, adding an extra +5% damage per rank to each strike, and gives each strike a chance to Corrode enemies, causing damage over time.
|Melee Damage Bonus||+5%||+10%||+15%||+20%||+25%|
Additional levels may be acquired through the use of a Plaguebearer class mod.
|Melee Damage Bonus||+30%||+35%||+40%||+45%|
- Venom-branded attack damage is increased by a Plaguebearer class mod.
- Since corrosive attacks suffer a penalty against shields and non-armored targets, Sirens with low levels of Venom will actually inflict less melee damage on many foes. A total of 5 levels in this skill are necessary in order to overcome this malus completely. A Plaguebearer classmod will help to compensate, both by augmenting Venom and by further increasing attack damage.
- Even a Plaguebearer will have a hard time damaging a Lance Chemical Trooper in melee, particularly while the Trooper is shielded.
- The corrosive branding works for both normal melee attacks and for the melee attack that breaks Phasewalk.
- The damage bonus is cumulative with any damage bonus from Hit & Run. Five levels of Venom and five levels of Hit & Run will yield a total 60% damage bonus. It also applies to a Phase Strike, though its contribution there will be relatively minor.
- A increased Elemental Effect Chance class mod increases the chance to corrode enemies.