|Downloadable content||Claptrap's New Robot Revolution|
Wayward Pass is a location in Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.
Wayward Pass is an alpine area similar to the Eridian Promontory. The early stage of the area is a wide open space that soon gives way to several narrow paths over sheer drops to mountain slopes far below. Throughout the entire area are flat façades of wood, painted to provide fake enemies and objects. The first of these are a series of fake Lance assault pods.
Beyond the narrow spans are three themed encounters with end bosses from the previous installments of Borderlands. The first is an old Crimson Lance warehouse, and this is dressed up with fake Devastators. The interior of this colossal structure is used as an arena where General Knoxx-Trap attacks. The next staged encounter lies beyond some fake haunted houses and this area is also dressed with a number of fake Zombies. It is here that Undead Ned-Trap is resurrected yet again for another attempt on the lives of the Vault hunters. The final encounter takes place in an area themed on the Eridian Promontory, complete with a series of fake Guardians and even a cheap knock-off of the Destroyer. Commandant Steele-Trap rushes to attack here.
All three boss encounters are observed by a crowd of cheering spectator claptraps, many of whom chant the words, "Claptrap, claptrap!"
Weapon Crate Locations
- Main article: Wayward Pass: Weapon Crate Locations
- Near the end of the level before encountering Commandant Steele-Trap, there are 3 doors with lights above them. Each door represents one of the three areas, and the green lights represent the number of gallery targets that were shot. Shooting all of the gallery targets will unlock the doors.
- After the encounter with General Knoxx-Trap, there is a plaque on a stone pillar that reads, "01010110 01001001 01010110 01000001 00100000 01001100 01000001 00100000 01010010 01001111 01010010 01001111 01001100 01010101 01010100 01001001 01001111 01001110 01001100" which is binary for "VIVA LA ROROLUTION." Robolution is misspelled on the plaque with an 'R' instead of a 'B.'
- The spectator claptraps can be shot. They will disappear if they take any damage, and if they are jumping on a platform that is wiggling, the wiggling will stop once all are removed from the platform. The cheering will also stop when this happens. If a player wishes to get rid of all of them, a helix rocket launcher is the most efficient way, as even splash damage is enough to make them disappear.
- On the Commandant Steele-Trap arena two invincible claptraps can be seen moving the fake Destroyer tentacles using sticks.