|Whisky Tango Foxtrot|
BDA to follow, break...
|Model:||Whisky Tango Foxtrot|
|Special Part(s): |
|[Whisky Tango Foxtrot Variants]|
In Borderlands 2, Whisky Tango Foxtrot is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Chubby enemies. In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Whisky Tango Foxtrot is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source
Special Weapon Effects
On shield: Situation normal... – Chance to drop an IED Booster when damaged.
On boosters: ...all foxtroted up. – Spawns 3 volleys of shock boosters.
Usage & Description
Instead of spawning shield boosters like a normal booster shield, Whisky Tango Foxtrot spawns special "IED boosters" which, in turn, eject three volleys of three powerful MIRV-like shock boosters. These shock boosters will damage enemies and allies alike. Picking up an IED booster before it has ejected all of its shock boosters will cancel the remaining volleys.
Rather than ejecting shield boosters in random directions like a normal booster shield, Whisky Tango Foxtrot will eject them towards the nearest enemy, generally the enemy who fired the shot that spawned the IED booster in the first place.
The use of Whisky Tango Foxtrot yields high risk to the Vault Hunter, since the boosters are shock-elemental and being damaged by one can be devastating to a Vault Hunter's shield. As they are very powerful, it is readily possible for a Vault Hunter to be killed by their own shield, especially if a shock booster is spawned in a confined space. Another drawback consequence of that special effect is that it is difficult to pick up the booster immediately, as the risks tend to be higher than the potential gain, reducing the chance to recharge it while in combat. If used with caution and skill, however, the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot can double as both a decent shield and a devastating weapon against shielded foes.
- Enemies like rats who pick up items lying on the floor are usually hurt or killed by the IED boosters.
- The Whisky Tango Foxtrot may spawn with Shock immunity (Grounded prefix). This shock protection will not protect the wearer from the shield's own IED boosters.
- Whisky Tango Foxtrot in the NATO phonetic alphabet spells WTF, which is an acronym for "what the fuck".
- The red text refers to the term "SNAFU", which is military jargon for "Situation Normal: All Fucked Up".
- IED is an acronym for improvised explosive device.