|Character Type||Enemy (boss)|
|Voice Actor||Todd Haberkorn|
Physically he is part Hyperion loader, with his body from the waist down replaced with loader legs. From the waist up, Wilhelm resembles an engineer with a constructor's optic sensor in the place of his right eye. Wilhelm also bears a shoulder-mounted mortar, which he uses for ranged attacks.
- Main article: A Train to Catch
Wilhelm shares most of the quotes uttered by Hyperion loaders, with unique lines.
- Losing Shields
- "This is problematic."
- "My shields are down!"
- "Shields down!"
- Tossing grenades
- "Throwing explosives!"
- "Have some of this!"
- "Your pain is delicious."
- "This is for the good of Pandora!"
- "I will rip out your spine and defecate on it!"
- "Time to die, bad guy!"
- "Your struggle is meaningless!"
- "Jack will win in the end!"
- "This will hurt."
- "I've fought Vault Hunters before!"
- "I am Jack's righteous fury."
- "This will be easier than New Haven!"
- Downing a Vault Hunter
- "Stay down, bandit!"
- "Feel the might of Hyperion!"
- "Taste the dirt!"
- Killing a Vault Hunter
- "You are weak!"
- "Know the surprise!"
- "As expected."
- "Hehehahaha, this is unsurprising!"
- "Is this... pain?"
- "Someone has made a mistake!"
- "This is literally impossible!"
- "My movement is impaired!"
- In range of a grenade
- "That is a grenade!"
- "A grenade!"
- Responding to action skills
- "Shut the hell up!"
- "Let's go, 'zerker!"
- "Gun on, 'zerker!"
- "Bring it, gunzerker!"
- Wilhelm will be one of the four playable characters in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
- In this trailer Wilhelm's action skill in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is revealed to be deploying several drones that defend and fight alongside him, and in this developer gameplay it is revealed that the drones are named "Wolf" and "Saint". Saint has a shield, and will stay fairly close to Wilhelm, replenishing his health. Wolf will room and attack enemies, and can take damage from enemies. Similar to Axton's Turret, Wolf and Saint can be recalled by holding down the use key to speed up the actions cooldown rate.
- Wilhelm has a chance to drop:
- Wilhelm has no intro cutscene, despite his status.
- Defeating Wilhelm unlocks the "Wilhelm Screamed" achievement, a reference to the stock sound recording used in many movies, television shows, and video games.
- Wilhelm is first mentioned in the mission Handsome Jack Here!, when he is heard murdering a train full of refugees on their way to Sanctuary under orders from Handsome Jack.
- An unused ECHO recording from Handsome Jack exists in which Jack says that he poisoned Wilhelm prior to his fight with the Vault Hunters, weakening him in order to ensure the power core he carried would be recovered without making the find seem too easy.
- Wilhelm is the German version of the name William.