StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
|Won't Get Fooled Again|
|Given By||Marshall Friedman|
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Rewards||1,576 XP, $2,100, Law|
|Previous||Bright Lights, Flying City|
|Mission Type||Optional mission|
- "Hey. Feel like solvin' a murder? I'm the Marshall around these parts. One of these Gutter quadruplets pulled the trigger on that boy over there. Consider yourself deputized - ask around at Moxxi and Zed's, figure out which one of these identical scum-stains pulled the trigger. Otherwise I'll just have to hang 'em all, and I don't got that kinda time."
- Interview Marshall Friedman
- Interview Moxxi
- Interview Dr. Zed
- Watch Marshall Friedman dole out justice
A group of people are found standing around the body of Justin Macready. Marshall Friedman speaks, explaining that one of the Gutter quadruplets in front of him killed the dead man. Friedman needs the assistance of an interrogator to determine guilt. Talking to Marshall Friedman, Moxxi, and Zed will reveal information which can be used to deduce which of the four suspects committed the crime.
It is always the one with the sniper rifle (the third from the left while facing them), though sometimes the one with the rocket launcher may run if one of the other two is killed.
- "Thanks again."
- If the wrong culprit is selected, the real killer will speak up. The delay during which he escapes allows players to select another culprit for the correct answer.
- The mission will complete regardless of which accused is selected as the culprit.
- After the mission, the sheriff and the body will be in exactly the same place for the rest of the game.
- Spoiler:From a deductive standpoint, the killer is the sniper because he is the only one who satisfies all three witness conditions: he is carrying a weapon that fires bullets, he has a shield, and he is at full health (due to the doctor patching him up).
- The accused may not have their models rendered correctly with the details required to pick the killer.
- The mission's name is a reference to the song "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who, which is used in the opening theme of CSI: MIami. When the player accuses the right culprit, the marshal will walk up to and execute him. He then makes a pun about how the culprit's belief that he could have gotten away with the murder "...was a long shot." Horatio from CSI: Miami is known to make similar puns right before the opening theme plays.