Under ConstructionThis article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring and is Under Construction. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well.
StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Xiphos is the second of Athena's three skill trees. The Xiphos tree focuses on increasing damage, often by inducing the bleeding status effect. Her other two skill trees are Phalanx and Ceraunic Storm.
- Gun Kata - Increases gun damage. Additionally, melee damage is increased for a short duration after shooting an enemy.
- Clarity of Purpose - Increases melee damage and maximum health.
- Mercurial - Killing an enemy increases movement speed and damage resistance for a few seconds.
- Omega-Senshu - Deal increased damage to any enemy who has less than 50% of their maximum health remaining.
- Rend - Melee attacks cause enemies to bleed, inflicting damage over time.
- Bloodlust - Gain health regeneration after making an enemy bleed. This effect stacks for every bleeding enemy.
- Epicenter - Creates a singularity effect when Athena slams the ground, pulling in nearby enemies.
- Tear - Increases gun damage dealt to bleeding targets.
- You've Got Red on You - When an enemy is killed by melee attack or dies while bleeding, they explode. Nearby enemies will also take damage.
- Fury of the Arena - Gain increased fire rate and reload speed for each bleeding target.
- Blood Rush - Dash toward an enemy and strike them with Xiphos with increased melee damage. If the enemy is not bleeding, the cooldown is instantly reset for this skill.
- 'Xiphos' is a name of a particular style of Greek shortsword, having a blade that is slightly broader towards the point than at the hilt, giving it a 'leaf-like' profile.